Freedom Oct 3,2010 Review

LC2626

My husband and I cruised Freedom for our honeymoon on Oct 3rd. It was his first cruise! It was my 4th. He is pretty sad we are having to cook our own dinner now! I have been on Navigator and Grandeur previously and was excited to see the Freedom, easy to navigate since it's so similar to the layout of Navigator.

Port Canaveral was well organized and we were on the ship quickly. We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites and used the cruise park package, highly recommend staying there! Shuttle was included to the ship and back. Showed the husband all around the ship that afternoon and he was impressed! Didn't make it to dinner the first night,husband got a little seasick and I have to admit,of the few cruises I have been on, this ship was moving a ton and it was pretty windy All the time. He was good the rest of the trip with the free motion sickness pills they have on board.

Enjoyed our day at sea and ate plenty! Labadee was great...seemed it had changed a little bit since I was there last year. We found the area of beach near the aqua park and stayed there...saw tons of huge starfish,had the island buffet, then laid in a hammock for awhile.

Ocho Rios...we originally were going to do an excursion there, but decided not to since we were doing one in Grand Cayman. Ocho Rios was a disappointment...they haggle you like crazy and won't take no for an answer when you are walking around the town. They try to sell you items,get you to take a taxi when you insist on walking and eventually they try to sell you drugs. We didn't feel comfortable walking around so we hung out at Margaritaville close to the ship for a bit and then got back on board. I had been to Ocho Rios 5 years ago on a cruise and was surprised it was still the same...basically...the best thing to do there is have an excursion planned.

Grand Cayman ended up getting skipped due to weather and rough seas and we couldn't get tendered in so we had a day at sea and the weather turned out ok later in the afternoon. We were bummed to miss our sail and snorkel though!

Cozumel was beautiful of course and when they try to sell you things and you say No, they stop haggling you! We took a taxi to Paradise Beach and got there early...got pretty busy in the afternoon, but we did enjoy the kayaks,water park and the lounge chairs. We headed back into town and walked around for awhile then back to the ship.

We enjoyed the trip...had Johnny Rockets which was great! The Love and Marriage game show,funny as always! The Quest, of course great too! We also went to the comedian show which was actually the Cruise director,pretty funny guy! Our dinner waiters were wonderful and we ended up at a 6 seater table at late seating,but none of the other guests ever came to dinner! We enjoyed it anyways! The Windjammer suprisingly doesn't get too clogged. Only at one breakfast was it jam packed and they asked us to share a table with someone. But the lines for food are well laid out and avoids traffic jams for the most part. We played a couple games of bingo,hung out at Seattle's coffee promenade quite a bit,they have some great desserts and coffee! All in all a great honeymoon!

There was a medical emergency during the trip and I never heard the details other than they were asking for blood donations as the patient needed a transfusion and we docked at Cozumel at about 3 a.m. and I believe they were taken to a hospital. I hope they and the family are ok!

Freedom is a great ship!

Archived