Poesia Caribbean Cruise Question

mobydog

I noticed that the have a big screen similar to Princess...and was wondering on Sundays and Monday night if they show American Football...travelling with husband and two sons who are football fanatics. Also wondering if they do "movies under the stars" as they do on Princess- we really enjoyed that on our last trip. They had popcorn, gave you blankets, and passed out cookies & milk.

If Poesia is anything like Splendida,there is nothing going on the big screen but port excursions advertisement:(. I am a big Princess fan and like their MUTS (Movies Under The Stars),and when I saw the big screen on the Splendida I expected something similar...but unfortunatelly it was not the case.I can easily live without movies on a cruise but have to admit that it is a very pleasant experience to sit on a comfortable lounge chair covered with the burgundy (Princess trademark) blanket,nibbling at the cookies and popcorn,watching a movie-and all this at open sea,under millions of stars. Well,some MSC cheerleaders call it "in your face cruise"- how funny-especially from those who never experienced it:rolleyes:.

But back to the topic:Mobydog,wait for response from someone who sailed on the Poesia recently,maybe you'll get more satisfactory answer:).

PS. I see your last cruise was on the Ruby Princess.I am going to sail on her sister ship Emerald Princess in less than 2 weeks-can't wait:D.

Both of my USA Embarkation MSC cruises did not show footfall on the screen. As posting above most of the time it showed pictures of the ship. We did have some movies for our cruise, which started late night on non deck party nights. They did not set out the lounge chairs. They did not serve popcorn.

They did not cover you with a blanket. They lined up some chairs right next to the stage area and if you wanted to watch the movie you sat down and watched. No reservation was needed. Both movies were not well attended.

On a beautiful night I would love to watch a movie on the big screen. We did that on my last Carnival cruise and loved it.

By the way OP... you will be the 1st Caribbean sailing on the Poesia for this season can you please come back and tell us what time lunch buffet closes on port days and if they play any movies on the big screen.

Have a great cruise...I look forward to your replies.

On our 18 night transatlantic on Poesia they had movies under the stars twice around mid cruise. The movie started at 10.00pm one night and 10.30 the next night as I recall. I never saw any sort of TV programming such as sport on the big screen. As others have said, all it seemed to show most of the time was continuous advertising.

Hi Mobydog,

We sailed on the Poesia in January 2010, and they didn't have anything but ads on the big screen on our 7 day Eastern Caribbean cruise. No movies, definately no popcorn and no cookies & milk, unfortunately :(

I noticed that the have a big screen similar to Princess...and was wondering on Sundays and Monday night if they show American Football...travelling with husband and two sons who are football fanatics. Also wondering if they do "movies under the stars" as they do on Princess- we really enjoyed that on our last trip. They had popcorn, gave you blankets, and passed out cookies & milk.

• 2 weeks later...
I cruise Poesia before him. Nov 1 is before his cruise. It is out of FLL and going to Panama, Costa Rica, Cozumel, Montego Bay, and Columbia.:)

You are leaving tomorrow. Have a great cruise. Please can you answer the lunch buffet question...what time is it open until on port days? What movies are playing on the TV and what TV stations do you get?

Thanks

Archived