Hyatt Pier 66

wendymac

Our family stayed there in Aug of 08.We had a room with a patio and you could watch the yachts cruise by.It has a wonderful pool area which is where we spent most of our time.The rooms were nice,we had a fridge in ours.You can catch the trolley across the street & it will take you to the beach & restaurants.There's not much within walking distance if you have kids in tow.They have a shuttle but we found the trolley to be quicker.

We stayed here years ago and loved the hotel - Grille 66 is a great restaurant and convenient.

This year we are staying at the Renaissance Hotel because they will allow us to keep our vehicle for one week at no extra charge :)

Enjoy!

We stayed there pre-cruise a couple of years ago and the young lady at the desk gave us a great recommendation. A nice little restaurant behind the hotel but still on the premises, at the end of the pier. Kind of out of the way. You have to walk by all the big yacht to get to the place. On that particular night (maybe every night?) there was a steel band playing and we watch the sun set as we ate dinner. The restaurant was nothing fancy but it was a very enjoyable evening for us.

Enjoy,

~Jo~

Wendy, I just noticed you are from Montreal, I'm from Sherbrooke area kinda....sorta.....; )

Hi Jo,

Thank you for the info, it sounds great! Wow what a small world eh - I actually grew up in the townships, originally from Magog now living in Montreal...do you have any cruises booked?? And nice to meet you btw :)

Wendy

We stayed there pre-cruise a couple of years ago and the young lady at the desk gave us a great recommendation. A nice little restaurant behind the hotel but still on the premises, at the end of the pier. Kind of out of the way. You have to walk by all the big yacht to get to the place. On that particular night (maybe every night?) there was a steel band playing and we watch the sun set as we ate dinner. The restaurant was nothing fancy but it was a very enjoyable evening for us.

Enjoy,

~Jo~

Wendy, I just noticed you are from Montreal, I'm from Sherbrooke area kinda....sorta.....; )

Hi Wendy,

Ah Magog! My husband loves Magog! We have a ski house in Eastman (well actually in South Stukely ) but we don't ski ahah! I don't go up there so much anymore, I rent it out. My husband (the american) thinks we are retiring there...I want the caribbeans!!!

Yes, I have a cruise booked for Feb. with my cousin (she lives in Dorval). My husband and I always cruise in April with our daughters but we won't this year because the kids just don't appreciate it!! All they want to do is spend their time at the internet cafe. They complain the entire vacation!!! The last couple of cruises were miserable. Not pleasant at all. We would go without them but we have no one to watch them.

Have a great vacation!

~Jo~

Hi Jo!

I hear you about the kids, it is too bad - eventually you'll be able to cruise again...and I'm with you I would far rather retire in the Caribbean than the townships lol ...have a great time on your cruise with your cousin!

Wendy

Hi Wendy,

Ah Magog! My husband loves Magog! We have a ski house in Eastman (well actually in South Stukely ) but we don't ski ahah! I don't go up there so much anymore, I rent it out. My husband (the american) thinks we are retiring there...I want the caribbeans!!!

Yes, I have a cruise booked for Feb. with my cousin (she lives in Dorval). My husband and I always cruise in April with our daughters but we won't this year because the kids just don't appreciate it!! All they want to do is spend their time at the internet cafe. They complain the entire vacation!!! The last couple of cruises were miserable. Not pleasant at all. We would go without them but we have no one to watch them.

Have a great vacation!

~Jo~

Hi WendyMac,

We've stayed at the Hyatt Pier 66 three times in the last couple of years and absolutely love it! We always book a tower room with a view of the ships...what an awesome sight it is to wake up in the morning, walk out on the balcony and see your ship in port! Rooms are nice, service is good, and we really love the location. Close to the water taxi and the trolley. Decent restaurants nearby....and only a short cab ride from the airport or to the cruise terminal! We love it!

Archived