buying booze bottles from carnival pre-cruise

valtandc

We have always smuggled a bottle of liquor in our checked luggage (platinum cruisers) but will not do so this January. Carnival has clamped down and sounds like they will pull your bottle. We will carry on wine and some tonic. Paid 40 for Citron to be delivered to the room. Pricey but cheaper than bar drinks at 6 or more each. Will just grab glasses from the buffet or order iced tea from room service. I wonder what made Carnival enforce the rules when they turned a blind eye in the past? We used to buy liquor in San Juan and just carry on the ship. That stopped last year.

For any of you that have ordered tequila. I just called Bon Voyage, and the only silver they have is Patron. The 1800 they carry is gold. Also, someone mentioned they have Grand Marnier, which the lady told me they don't, they just have Triple Sec.

My question is, would the 1800 gold and triple sec make a decent margarita.

You can tell I don't make many of these. :)

Thanks.

We bought a bottle of tequila from bon voyage, then I carried on a large bottle of Jose Cuervo margarita mix in my carry on with the receipt from bon voyage (just in case they wondered why I had it) and 2 bottles of wine. They ran my bag thru the scanner and didn't even look in it to see what I had :eek: :D:D

I too usually prefer the silver but the gold was just fine.

Only thing I'd do different next time is buy the tequila and some rum from bon voyage.

Our bar bill was still about $200 for 2 on a 7 day cruise.

it will make a great one. You really don't need the triple sec if you want to save money. triple sec is weak on alcohol and really just sweet orange flavor.

just buy the cheapest margueritaville tequila they sell. then bring jose cuervo marguerita mix on board and mix it up. tastes yummy.

:o:D:o should have kept reading before I posted. duh! Yup we just got the Margaritville for $40 no tax of any kind. (it sells for about $18 here in GA)

Someone mentioned a 'wine package' above...can someone explain what that is? I'm traveling with my 2 under 21 kids...so can only bring 1 bottle of wine with me....

There is a package offered that provides you with 5 bottles of wine for a certain price (good, better, best).

When I carried wine 4 bottles on, a security person asked how many in my party - I said four and walked on. No big hassle.

Archived