cruise to Key West and Cozumel

jserv

My sister and I are taking our active senior mother on a cruise to celebrate my sisters birthday. I have some questions: 1.Is it better to book excursions from the ship or find things on our own. We enjoy swimming, sunbathing, shopping and sightseeing. 2. What happens to our luggage when we disembark from the ship if we take a transfer to the Miami airport via a trip to south beach.? thanks for your advice..its the first time we three have been on a vacation together.:)

Be sure and take the "trolley" in Key West. Great overview of the city and all the gorgeous gardens. You can hop off anywhere you want to check something out and get on the next trolley. I usually take a city tour when its the fist time in a port. Probably negotiate a taxi tour in

cozumel cheaper than the ships tour.

Your luggage will travel on the bus with you to South beach unless there happens to be a truck for your airline at the pier.

ship is they will not leave you if you are late returning to the ship. Were in Jamaica and saw four people running towards the ship. We were already about 200 yards out and the ship either could not or would not return to pick them up. They had to arrange their transportation to the next port to get back on the ship. My wife talked to one of them later and their cab had a flat tire on the way back to the ship. Since then we have always booked through the ship, even if it costs a little more. In defense of Carnival, we have been on 29cruises and the cruise director ALWAYS warns you about being back onboard at the required time.

Archived