? about snoreling at Antilla wreck site

I&MsMom

I'm considering booking the Jolly Pirates. I have read that there is usually a chop at the Antilla wreck site. Does this only affect snorkelers, or does the boat do a lot of rocking? I'm a little worried about my son getting seasick, as he is, I think, a little young to snorkel in 60' (he's six), so he'll be left on the ship with mom. He does fine on the cruise ship, but we've had problems with him in smaller boats before. Thanks for any insight.

• 2 weeks later...

We were at that site snorkeling with Jolly Pirates. There was some chop, but I really do not remember even giving a single thought about the boat even moving up/down. My wife gets motion sickness and she did not have any problems at all.

Snorkeling in the chop was another matter. All participants are required to wear floatation devices, but it can be a little tiresome maneuvering around in the wind and the waves. The folks of Jolly Pirates keep a close eye on all their passengers and are there if anybody needs assistance.

I guess it really is going to boil down to what the weather is like that particular day and the mental attitude that your son has related to being on the water in a smaller boat.

If he is going to try any motion sickness medications, I would suggest he try them long before the cruise to make sure that the ones he is looking at using do not make him drousy or feel "strange". I would hate to have his day ruined by having an adverse reaction to the medication.

Archived