Quick question re: disembarkation in NYC port

RickinNYC

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong area.

We sailed on the Dawn a few years back and I'm afraid my memory is a complete blank. I know we did the self disembarkation and had no issues, but I also just remember that it seemed we did so at a peak time when everyone else was.

That said, we'll be on the Gem in February, 2010, and I was just wondering what is the latest time we can disembark? We live in NYC, so flights and other transportation are a non-issue. Heck, if there aren't any snow drifts to climb over, we could even walk to the subway.

Just trying to get a sense of how we can avoid the mad rush to get off the ship.

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong area.

We sailed on the Dawn a few years back and I'm afraid my memory is a complete blank. I know we did the self disembarkation and had no issues, but I also just remember that it seemed we did so at a peak time when everyone else was.

That said, we'll be on the Gem in February, 2010, and I was just wondering what is the latest time we can disembark? We live in NYC, so flights and other transportation are a non-issue. Heck, if there aren't any snow drifts to climb over, we could even walk to the subway.

Just trying to get a sense of how we can avoid the mad rush to get off the ship.

You can select the colored tag that has the latest disembark time. I believe that it is 10:45., by that time the ship must be pretty empty.

We always do self disembarkation and are among the last pax to get off the ship. It's a long day for us (bus home doesn't arrive until 1pm) so to be able to relax that morning is great. We do let our steward know that we will be leaving the ship as late as we can and they seem to be OK with it. It was after 11 before we got off the last cruise because there were so many doing self-disemb. and all trying to get off early they jammed up the lines!

Archived