Best place on Orient Beach to rent chairs and hang out for the day?

sweetlowcountry

We are planning a trip to Orient Beach next month for a day. We need to know the best place to rent chairs, order food, hang out for a few hours. Orient has so many places to choose from and I haven't been in several years... We went several years ago and rented really nice chairs/umbrella at a place that had bathrooms, a bar, and a big Buddha statue but I can't remember the name of it... We are in our early 30s, would rather stay on the topless side and love good service/food. Your thoughts?

We are planning a trip to Orient Beach next month for a day. We need to know the best place to rent chairs, order food, hang out for a few hours. Orient has so many places to choose from and I haven't been in several years... We went several years ago and rented really nice chairs/umbrella at a place that had bathrooms, a bar, and a big Buddha statue but I can't remember the name of it... We are in our early 30s, would rather stay on the topless side and love good service/food. Your thoughts?

"Le String" was awsome nice big padded lounge chairs,umbrellas, GREAT FOOD & SERVICE & Reasonable prices. Check the prices at the Kon Tiki next door they are very expen$ive. My wife & I got lunch there and it was served on china with real silverware & cloth napkins:)

...a big Buddha statue...

Sounds like it could be LaPlaya Beach Bar - beside Bikini Beach Bar, near the middle of Orient Beach and close to the second most popular taxi drop-off point. It's where we often sit with friends, and we never pay for chairs (but we do tip well for the drinks...). Often a great mix of Americans, Canadians and French.

Walk right into the chairs, select a pair in your favorite spot and just place your towels and make yourself at home - just like you know what you are doing and it's not your first time on the beach. When approached by the beach boy, order drinks and tell him you are having lunch there, and you most likely won't have to pay for chairs. If you select the big, padded, chairs you will have to pay for them. Don't do the typical visitor thing and mill around looking at chairs with money in your hand. Oh, and if possible, ditch the cruise ship towel and use one of your own.

Another place up the beach toward the north end is Palm Beach where chairs are free if you do lunch. We haven't tried it yet, but hear good things. It is upscale and a little expensive but sounds worth trying for a special experience.

You will have a great time no matter where you sit.

Archived