Epic MDR Menus

CanadianTwosome

Has anyone seen the MDR menus for the Epic posted yet? I've tried searching, but the number of results that returns is crazy, and so far I haven't clicked on anything that has the information I'm looking for.

I'm one who enjoys the food in the MDR, but of course I like some items more than others, so since my 45 day dining-and-entertainment booking window is coming up next week (YAY!), I would love to have an idea of what I'll be 'missing' on any given evening if I choose to book a specialty restaurant...

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help! :)

Perhaps someone else can post a link to the MDR menus. They are the same ones rolled out on the Dawn. Don't know which ships are using them but Epic is. There's one side with always available items like steak, lamb shank (really good, fall off the bone), miso glazed tilapia and a few others. Then there's the daily changing specials from apps to entrees to desserts (3 additional entrees nightly).

In addition, as I've just mentioned on a short review thread, Epic is now serving expanded menus. Previously, whether on Eastern or Western (or doing B2B) there was a 7 nt. menu used. There are 14 menus available so they will now be rotating between the 2 menus. Over the course of the Dawn 12 night repo I just finished, I sampled some delicious Long Island duckling, lobster tail, lamb shank, short ribs, prime rib, rack of lamb. So Epic will be using those same menus. I think you'll find them more than adequate. Don't miss the Florida baked shrimp (with butter & garlic), the wild mushroom quesadillas and other delicious apps.

Also, Epic is now offering a daily regional special! Just ask your waiter for it. Hoping the first group of cruisers being offered this might come back here and tell us the details. I was told by the HD and Exec. Chef that the dishes would feature the region, e.g. Caribbean, Mexico, the Med.

Glad to see NCL trying to improve and expand the DR offerings, especially when so many complain about being "forced" to go to the specialty restaurants in order to get a good meal.

Can say that the food we had on Epic over 2 wks and Aug. and the meals on Dawn on the 12 nt. Oct. repo was really really good! So much so that I ended up eating in the DR's on the Dawn more than usual as I really wanted to try some of the menus I'd never had.

Hope you have a great cruise and really enjoy the food. If you splurge on anything, try Moderno. Great experience and delicious and different food.

Really enjoy your posts so please come back & tell us all about it!

Archived