I have booked my wedding date 7-8-11

spyslick1

i just booked my wedding date for july 8, on the inspiration:):):):):):) i welcome all advice from anyone who has them.

We'll be on NCL Jewel a few weeks after you, but I wanted wish you well on your planning and say CONGRATS!!!

We just had our wedding on the Carnival Liberty. We had the wedding at the Port of Miami so we could have non sailing guests as well.

We had a horrid experience - The Wedding experience was very late in picking me up - and has come up with many excuses that blame my husband and his family - none of which are true. They have refused to talk to us to hear 'our side' of the story. Our wedding was in a bar (we requested 10 months in advance 'no bar'), our "professional carnival pictures" were taken infront of giant tatooed hands - we don't have a single decent picture with my gown. All the pictures are too light, too dark, or there are people walking through them. We were told there would be backdrops set up for our portraits - and there weren't. Our ceremony was interrupted by the Goth Party next door - we could hear them over our vows and prayers. Carnival has said this is 'unfortunate'.

If given the opportunity again, I would get married ANYWHERE else - then maybe go on a cruise. We had to trust too many people with the details of our special day, and it was horrid. I'd be happy to share pictures. I just pray you don't make the same mistake I did, no one deserves such a bad wedding memory.

We just had our wedding on the Carnival Liberty. We had the wedding at the Port of Miami so we could have non sailing guests as well.

We had a horrid experience - The Wedding experience was very late in picking me up - and has come up with many excuses that blame my husband and his family - none of which are true. They have refused to talk to us to hear 'our side' of the story. Our wedding was in a bar (we requested 10 months in advance 'no bar'), our "professional carnival pictures" were taken infront of giant tatooed hands - we don't have a single decent picture with my gown. All the pictures are too light, too dark, or there are people walking through them. We were told there would be backdrops set up for our portraits - and there weren't. Our ceremony was interrupted by the Goth Party next door - we could hear them over our vows and prayers. Carnival has said this is 'unfortunate'.

If given the opportunity again, I would get married ANYWHERE else - then maybe go on a cruise. We had to trust too many people with the details of our special day, and it was horrid. I'd be happy to share pictures. I just pray you don't make the same mistake I did, no one deserves such a bad wedding memory.

As I do understand that things happen, the company's response to you and your hubby is very unsettling. I'm not sure what they could do to make it up to you since those memories will last a lifetime no matter what. I do hope that you can one day laugh it all off and see your experience as just being a 'unique' aspect of your wedding. Easier said than done I'm sure...but I hope you at least had a great cruise and something positive came out of it. After all, life is very short and we have to enjoy the 'good' as much as we harbor on the bad.

Wishing you a happy marriage!

(((hugggss))))))

Archived