Best zip lines in western carrib?

bluesea4me

Hi all,

We will be docking in Roatan, Belize, Cozumel, and Cayman. My DS wants to zipline. Anyone have opinions on which island would provide the best with actually ziplining in the trees with a slight possibility of seeing animals, not just in open areas?

Definitely Roatan - we've been there on two different cruises, both times my son ziplined. There are several different ones to choose from. I've heard a lot of people like Pirates of the Caribbean. This last time my son did South Shore Canopy - he loved it! Check out the Roatan ports of call board for further suggestions. I'm attaching a picture of my son ziplining at South Shore. Hope you all have a great cruise!

508062073_Jaredziplining.jpg.5fc5994bc70940557cd15d5e5b084e47.jpg

Thanks for the responses. I'll try asking this question in another area. What a shame about the dump! I've always imagined that it would happen on Earth someday. What a shame it has to happen on an island!

Great picture! I'd love to do it as well and I want to see foilage not bare open fields. I'm hoping for a bird to fly by or something (even as dorky as it sounds) :o

Thanks for the responses. I'll try asking this question in another area. What a shame about the dump! I've always imagined that it would happen on Earth someday. What a shame it has to happen on an island!

Great picture! I'd love to do it as well and I want to see foilage not bare open fields. I'm hoping for a bird to fly by or something (even as dorky as it sounds) :o

That's funny! When I was ziplining in Costa Rica, (not recommended) there was a bird flying next to me. I looked over at him, gave him a thumbs up and said, "I'm right there with ya, dude!" Lol!

That's funny! When I was ziplining in Costa Rica, (not recommended) there was a bird flying next to me. I looked over at him, gave him a thumbs up and said, "I'm right there with ya, dude!" Lol!

LOL Now THAT would be awesome! Can I ask why you don't recommend ziplining in Costa Rica?

• 1 month later...
Definitely Roatan - we've been there on two different cruises, both times my son ziplined. There are several different ones to choose from. I've heard a lot of people like Pirates of the Caribbean. This last time my son did South Shore Canopy - he loved it! Check out the Roatan ports of call board for further suggestions. I'm attaching a picture of my son ziplining at South Shore. Hope you all have a great cruise!

can you get from Belize to Roatan easily if the port of call is Belize??

please advise!!

thanks,

L

can you get from Belize to Roatan easily if the port of call is Belize??

please advise!!

thanks,

L

No easy or quick way from Belize to Roatan - two different ports, two different countries. There is ziplining in Belize also, but haven't done it there.

Archived