Back-to-Back Hawaiian Cruise with NCL

maidut

I am wondering if anyone has any experience, tips, suggestions, etc on a back-to-back cruise.

I have someone who is sailing the NCL 7-night island cruise 2x, back to back. I have never sailed on a back-to-back cruise and was wondering if anyone has done it in Hawaii.

I have already requested the same cabin from both legs. Any other tips?

I am wondering if anyone has any experience, tips, suggestions, etc on a back-to-back cruise.

I have someone who is sailing the NCL 7-night island cruise 2x, back to back. I have never sailed on a back-to-back cruise and was wondering if anyone has done it in Hawaii.

I have already requested the same cabin from both legs. Any other tips?

While we have not done back to back on POAm (yet), we are scheduled for back to back on 1/22/11 and 1/29/11. We have done back to back on Carnival x2, NCL and Celebrity. The rules have changed over the years. Initially (in the 90's) we had to get off the ship and go through processing again. In '02 on NCL they gave us new cards the day before debarkation (1st cruise). In '04 Celebrity asked for our passports the day before then gave them back to us in Fort Lauderdale as we got off the ship (we had some packages and banking to do). We do plan to get off the ship in Honolulu but much later than everyone else. If you have booked directly with NCL you may get a call from them to upgrade (for a price) make sure you tell them you are doing back to back so they may consider upgrade for both cruises. The person calling generally only has information for the cruise they are dealing with.

We are also booked on back 2 back on POA next March April. I would be interested in any tips as well.

Tightwallet, as you have been on her very recently, could you tell us how the Saturday in Honolulu was handled (the disembarkation day of the first cruise)?

We would like to go off the ship for the day (hopefully to find a laundry and do some other things). But we will probably want to take things back to the ship or even go back on board during the day. Do you know how this works?

Thanks in advance.

Archived