Guarantee Stateroom Question

southseaers

We are sailing on the Volendam April 9 , and have a Category "H" Guarantee.

Holland America said we will not know our Cabin # until we check in . Do we take our baggage with us to the check in counter ?. Anyone who has sailed

as a Guarentee recently please help. Thanks

First, you may be able to find out your cabin assignment before you arrive at the pier. Up to 10 days prior to sailing you can access the shore excursion portion of the HAL website. Your cabin assignment may be listed there before that closes out. You can also get your assignment off the Immigration Form area of the HAL site.

If you booked through a TA the cabin assignment should be forwarded, usually before embarkation day.

If all else fails and you don't get your cabin assignment before you get to the pier the stevedores will have a passenger manifest and will add the cabin # to your luggage tags. Fill everything else out in advance, but leave the cabin # area blank. Then turn your luggage over as soon as you can get rid of it!

(If I were you I'd stand there and watch them add the cabin #.)

Enjoy your cruise.

We also had a guarantee. We leave this Sunday on the Maasdam. We were told that we might not have a cabin number until sailing date but last week my TA called with our cabin number. I then went to our immigration forms on line and sure enough, there it was.

If all else fails just fill out the rest of the tag and put TBA on the cabin number -- if your name is on the tag they will direct it correctly on board the ship -- no need to drag it all the way in at the pier

We were booked on an H guarantee for a March 5th sailing. Our travel agent received a FAX from HAL 19 days prior to sailing with our cabin numbers. She immediately notified us. We are thrilled with our cabin assignments. I know I have read many critical posts of booking guarantees but this sure seems to have worked out well for us and I hope yours does too.

Archived