Wine from Ports

PreciousMissy

I'd ask when I got onboard if I could pay the corkage charge and keep the bottle. They can only say no.

We have gotten on in ports with booze before and the guy at the counter for collection has ignored us and we could have taken it to our room with no one even caring. Not saying this will be the case but it could happen.

I know you can bring wine on board if you pay the corkage fee. Is that at all ports during the cruise or just the port of origin in the states? Thanks for your help!

They will let you choose whether to pay the corkage fee and take it with you or let them keep it until the last night. We brought on a couple of bottles once after touring a winery during a port call. After the security screening we were directed to a table where we were asked if we wanted to pay the corkage fee or let them hold it. Once we had paid the fee, a sticker was put on the bottle and we could take it into restaurants or bars. (The bartender always gave us a couple of wine glasses if we asked.) A friend on the same tour wasn't planning to drink the wine on the cruise so he just handed over the bottles and reclaimed them on the last night.

Archived