We Booked for Dec 12th

notasilverspoooner

tenders run constantly until "last one" -- back and forth. None of that every half hour or so, like on the big ships -- Cruise Activities Director will remind you in the briefing the night and during cocktail hour of the time the last tender. that's one of the big advantages of SD - you can sample the nightlife in just about every port. (of course since I rarely get off the ship after dinner - think I might have done it one time - I'm not the one to tell you about it!).

We tended to eat lunch off the yacht in the Med to take advantage of the "local" food but ate on the yacht during the day in the Caribbean (especially for 1st day mussels - my favorite and the soups).

We didn't do the Bio Bay in SD, but did a kayaking version in San Juan. It was a "bucket list" experience (we won't discuss trying to kayak with my daughter in a two person kayak -- was suitable for an "I Love Lucy Episode"). Left from the marina just around the corner from the El Conquistador. Fantastic -- those little microorganisms were like diamonds flowing over the kayak paddles and over your arms. Like being in a Disney movie. I wouldn't have missed that for anything.

And yes, when you are on SD, you can eat and drink 24 hrs if you'd like . . . but test those clothes midweek! You might have a shocker when you get off if you don't!

FT

We need to eat a lot of good stuff on the cruise since we do not drink Champaign or eat caviar. We will try and workout and check the clothes to ensure they fit.

FT drinks the champagne in our family, but SD will make sure that your beverage of choice is available in a never endless glass if that is what you want and if they can get it. When FT and I were in the Med last May I asked for a particular Greek beer. There was none on the ship but they got it at the next port and I had it until it was gone.

If you want something ask and if it can be done it will get done for you.

Archived