ckrobyn's long awaited Radiance review!

ckrobyn

I keep thinking of little things along the way....;)

I was in a big hurry to purchase all sorts of items before the cruise, but when I got on the ship, I saw that the vast majority of stuff was available in the gift shop, like: Lanyards with the RCI Logo, waterproof wallet and swim goggles.......BUT no duct tape anywhere to be seen :confused: LOL

• 1 month later...

Robin,

I am enjoying reading your review so much. You put so much detail into it, and it really shows that you had a good time. Thank you so much for posting it.

You crack me up @ the remark about Kraft dinner in exchange for your beautiful ring! I'm so happy for you, but know the feeling of WOW when you look down at your hand and see that beautiful sparkly thing! (See my wedding photos for an example of what I'm talking about)

That was really nice of your room steward to give your daughter the towel lesson. What did she learn to make, and can she still make it?

We saw the Guavaberry and Papya BBQ sauce, but didn't get any. Did you enjoy it? How was it?

To take away from the seasickness, I use dramamine. It works great for me.

How scarry to realize that the power had gone out. I would have been totally freaked out! I don't know if I would be able to climb the steps fast enough ... but I do have to say that "checking in on my sweetie" would motivate me to run!

Thanks again for your great review. I'm really glad that you had a good time, and have since booked another cruise! Maybe someday we'll be shipmates! :)

Robin,

I am enjoying reading your review so much. You put so much detail into it, and it really shows that you had a good time. Thank you so much for posting it.

You crack me up @ the remark about Kraft dinner in exchange for your beautiful ring! I'm so happy for you, but know the feeling of WOW when you look down at your hand and see that beautiful sparkly thing! (See my wedding photos for an example of what I'm talking about)

That was really nice of your room steward to give your daughter the towel lesson. What did she learn to make, and can she still make it?

We saw the Guavaberry and Papya BBQ sauce, but didn't get any. Did you enjoy it? How was it?

To take away from the seasickness, I use dramamine. It works great for me.

How scarry to realize that the power had gone out. I would have been totally freaked out! I don't know if I would be able to climb the steps fast enough ... but I do have to say that "checking in on my sweetie" would motivate me to run!

Thanks again for your great review. I'm really glad that you had a good time, and have since booked another cruise! Maybe someday we'll be shipmates! :)

Jen,

BOOK the girls cruise in November 2006 and we WILL be shipmates ;)

Kraft dinner works for me, I have my diamonds !

Our DD Talia learned to make a monkey, elephant and a frog....no, she can't repeat the process at home :( Maybe mom should have paid better attention? LOL

The Guavaberry BBQ sauce is good....not great. I brought it home and couldn't wait to try it on BBQ ribs. The sauce is sweet with a hint of fruit flavour and a bit of a kick to it.

I chalk the seasickness thing up to nerves....I had myself so freaked out about "possibly" being seasick that it became a self-fulfilling prophecy!

The blackout on the ship was the scariest feeling I ever had in my life. There was smoke in all the corrdiors and people were running around looking for their muster stations wearing life jackets :eek: All I could think about was getting up to deck 10 where my DH and DD were sleeping....my heart was beating so fast I thought I'd pass out! Plus - I'm out of shape so the sprint up 4 flights of stairs didn't help....thankfully I could see another ship in the distance...so that was the contingency plan. Jump in the life boats and be saved by the Carnival Valour! LOL

We had a terrific time on our very first cruise. I was severely bitten....NO not by bed bugs....by the cruise bug! I returned back to Toronto and booked our next cruise within 2 weeks. Now I wonder why it took all these years to discover cruising??? I'm never looking back :D

Thanks for the wonderful Radiance review Robyn - we are booked on the Radiance June 4 for Alaska - can't wait! I agree with your assessment - you can't beat the Radiance for service, food or beauty - I've been on 3 cruises, two on the Radiance and one on Holland America, and RC is better for me. I'm excited for you about your ring, too - that's great! A year of mac and cheese is worth it, right?! Tee Hee!

I will see about booking the girls cruise and keep you posted. I'll be crossing my fingers.

Thanks for the update about the sauce, the store said they could ship it to us in the states, but now I'm having my reservations. Why go through all of that trouble for sauce that doesn't knock your socks off?

I can relate to the scarry story. When Naren and I first moved intogether while we were dating (enter :eek: gasps here), we were hanging out, discussing the possibility of him being affected in a layoff (which happened anyway). Anyhow, we heard a "thump" on our front porch (which is actually in the second half of a guy's house ... we lived on the bottom floor, he lived upstairs, but it was all in the same house/lot area ... very confusing ... just imagine we had to walk down a walkway to get to our front door).

We open the door to investigate the thump, and it was a guy on our front porch. Then we heard police sirens and a helicopter overhead! We closed and locked the door behind us, then went into the master bedroom, then into the master closet (which actually was a hidden laundry room). We took the cordless phone with us, not really sure if the guy would follow us into the house, and 911 asked us to open the door and verify if he was still in the house!!!!! :eek:

We declinded her request .... and behind her back-called her an idiot .... but then the police came, and arrested the guy.

He was a guy, on drugs, being stopped for a traffic violation, who ran from the cops, and was hiding from them, on OUR FRONT PORCH!

We had a new sense of love for each other after that incident. :)

Speaking of being bitten, Naren came out of the ocean and had these itchy bumps all over his tummy. We don't know what it was, and they didn't hurt, they just were red and swollen. They've since cleared up, and he wasn't ill or anything ... so I really don't know what it was.

I'm so glad you mentioned the lifeboat. I really thought you were going to swim to the other ship! LOL

Jen,

I could see another ship in the distance...so that was the contingency plan. Jump in the life boats and be saved by the Carnival Valour! LOL

Archived