Drinks on Board

We are making our first cruise this year on the 29th October 05, Explorer of the Seas out of Miami, which should be warmer than our English Autumn. Could anyone advise on the "drinks packages" and what it involves, costs etc.

Are the drinks expensive and you end up bringing the stuff on board, or, does this cause other problems.

We will be in the local Holiday Inn the night before so i suppose we do have the ability to do a little shopping locally but we will be restricted to airline baggage allowances.

Some cruise lines offer drinks cards for soda. If you are refering to alcohol, most are paid for by the individual drink.

Some cruiselines(RCI for example) allow you to buy alcohol on their duty free store. If you want to consume it in your room you can pay an additional fee. (I have done this and it was not too costly). Otherwise, they will give you the bottle at the end of the cruise.

Some cruise lines do not allow you to bring your on alcohol. You may wnat to check with the cruise line you're traveling with.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been on 5 cruises and have never had my bar bill over $240.00. I usually only get one fufu drink-the first day of the crusie to get started with everyone else than which to beer. I can not remember the exact price per beer but it was always around $2.10 to $2.50 with tip. When laying out on the Lido deck I always ordered my beers by the bucket. It was $11.00 for 5 beers.

I did take by DH on a cruise once and his bar bill was $410.00 all by himself. He drinks Southern Comfort and 7up. This was a little much to pay for alcohal. If he wants to go again he's on his own for drinks.

It's all how you drink. I drink beer (Bud Light) because it's cheap. Either way your going to have a great time.

:D

Archived