Splendor Nov. 28th cruise status..??

Bmaintz

Did you ever see the show on one of the discovery/learning channels the other year about "extreme fixes"? They showed the replacement of a generator on the Radiance of the Seas. It only took a few weeks, but it was really cool.

I don't think that was a replacement. I think that was the addition of a diesel generator set for hotel power on a ship that had only turbines which are very expensive to run a low loads.

Steve

I don't think that was a replacement. I think that was the addition of a diesel generator set for hotel power on a ship that had only turbines which are very expensive to run a low loads.

Steve

I remember the purpose, and now that you mention it, I think you are right. They never took another one out. I remember thinking it odd how they happened to have room for it, though they did have to cut a few things.

Jim Berra, executive VP and director of marketing, said that the Splendor would be back in Long Beach for the November 21 voyage. I verified this statement with a director level friend of mine in Miami.

Now, that doesn't mean FOR SURE that she will sail on the 21st but it's a good sign...

:)

I'm booked on Nov 21 sailing, and I'm not very comfortable if the ship will be ready for sailing by then. I mean I would love to have Thanksgiving cruise, but at the same time I want the ship to be absolutely ready without any electrical gremlin and the entire ship disinfected. I don't know if one week is enough for the repair and make all the preparation. I understand there is huge financial incentive to ready the ship for Nov 21, but Carnival should make sure that the ship is absolutely ready for sailing.

Archived