Cruise wedding plan

acireta

I've only been on two cruises (both Carnival), so I wanted to throw this out to see if anyone has some insight. I posted this on another board, so I apologize if you're seeing this twice.

Tentative idea is to take a 7-day cruise (Princess or Carnival) in March or April 2012. We'll book through a TA and use TWE for a shoreside ceremony in St. Thomas (Limetree maybe?), pics on the beach and hopefully Paradise Point, and then a shipboard cocktail reception and dinner in one of the specialty restaurants, heading to the disco after that.

I've read the horror stories about TWE but all the things they seem to screw up are either things that I don't care about or things that can be solved on the ship.

We also plan on doing a cocktail party early in the week to welcome everyone and maybe a cabana for the group at one of the beach locations.

Anyone have any thoughts about this plan? We'll be missing hurricane season, but I wonder if there are other things I should consider before moving forward. We're pretty tied to the idea of a cruise and St. Thomas.

Anyone have thoughts of Carnival vs. Princess or other parts of this plan? Thanks!

I've sailed on both princess & carnival & i think carnival is much better!! i don't know how old you are (i'm 24) but carnival is so much more fun for the younger crowd. my last cruise was on princess and i was so bored most of the time... it's definitely geared toward an older more conservative kind of crowd... they played old tina turner concerts on the big screen by the pool! (come on!) hope this helps :)

Archived