First Timer needs your help regarding travel insurance

newmomtexas

We haven't booked the cruise yet but we are planning to take our first cruise next spring. We have two adults, two seniors and one toddler.

We decided to purchase travel insurance for two reasons: (1) if someone gets sick (ie cold, flu...) before the trip; and (2) general medical concern during the trip. We are living in Dallas and we are going to drive to Galveston. So there will be no airline delay kind of thing involved.

I went on to insuremytripdotcom and am planning to go with "Travel Insured". I'm writing here to ask if anyone used Travel Insured before and had claim? Do you recommend this company? Thank you very much!

Or if you have any good experience with other insurance company, please do share as well. Thank you!

That company is fine..but you really have to read the policy fine print to make sure that what you think is covered is part of the policy. No travel policy that I know of will cover you for a simple cold or flu before the trip, for example. Medical cancelation coverage requires a physician statement that you are unable to travel due to the condition.

Pay close attention to excluded pre-existing conditions, too. A good site that helps to translate all the policy phrasing into plain English is tripinsurancestore.com

Archived