St. Maarten -- Orient Beach or Cupecoy Beach or Both?

SgpMBL

I will be in St. Maarten next month but my ship will be arriving in Marigot not Phillipsburg. Does anyone knows what a cab costs from Marigot to Orient Beach ?

I can't wait. First time on Azamara Cruise Club !

AFAICR when we were there in 2007 the taxi fare from Phillipburg to Orient was about the same as from Orient to Marigot (we went there for lunch). I don't recall dollar amounts but do remember the more people in the taxi the lower the per-person fare was; we had 11 in a minivan.

If I were pulling into Marigot, I would probably just go to Grand Case. There was a little place at the end there where if you ordered food there, they let you use the beach chairs and umbrella for free and the food was great, french of course. And there were a lot of shops, very walkable. I will try to remember the name of the beach bar.

But I am a 40something low key lesbian, if I were people watching and wanting a bit more excitement, then Orient beach for sure. We spent two weeks in St. Martin there over Thanksgiving this past year. We also liked Dawn Beach and Baie Rouge a lot as well. But the french side is more cosmopolitan and more clothing optional, at least a lot of topless women and then the occasional naked 50something old man would saunter by.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived