Mailing packages near San Diego Cruiseport

fisheswithbears

Where is the nearest place to mail packages near the port? Either Post Office or something like a UPS store. We will be on our turn-around day heading back to FLL and we may have things to send home. Only bad thing is this will be Christmas Eve and places will be very busy, I'm sure.

Suggestion is go to Google Maps, pick the cruise port, then search for Post Office or UPS.

The USPS "flat rate box" may be a good idea, especially if the items will fit in the box...if they are heavy, the flat rate will save costs. Also, you can take the boxes on your trip in flat form, and on your last night just fold them open then pack, seal, and address them. It will make things go faster when you get to the PO or UPS store.

You're probably aware that you can't drop packages more than a certain weight in mailboxes for security reasons....so you will have to wait in line if you go to a PO but many have automated kiosks and then you just hand it to an employee without waiting in line. Xmas Eve may not be too busy- it's too late for anything to arrive for Xmas!

There is a UPS Store at 501 W. Broadway. You get off the ship and head south about 100 yards, and the first major east/west street you'll come to is Broadway. 501 is about 3 blocks up, a very easy walk. Or head further up Broadway (another 5 blocks) and go right one block on Broadway Circle and you'll come to Horton Plaza, a major mall that has a USPS store.

Being Christmas Eve, I'd opt for the UPS Store. The mall will be crowded but nobody should be shipping anything at the UPS Store on the 24th.

Thanks for the answers and suggestions. I will also look at googlemaps but they don't offer useful advice like I can find here on CC.

I will probably walk to the UPS store on Broadway, but if I feel the need for long lines and rude people after being on the Statendam for two weeks I will also go to the mall. It will sure make me grateful to be back on the ship.:D

Archived