Which Epic shows are appropriate for children?

Sea Monster 2

My son will have just turned 8 when we cruise on Epic. What shows and entertainment should be OK for kids his age, and are there any we should absolutely avoid for either content or boredom reasons? He's well-behaved, so we are willing to try new things. Thank you for helping with this!

My 9 year old daughter enjoyed Blue Man group, Cirque, Slime Time Live, Legends and Jeff Hobson (although some of the humor was over her head). She also did the Nick character breakfast and thought that was fun too. There are also lots of movie nights in the Atrium on the big screen.

I don't think Howl at the Moon or Second City would be good at that age. Howl at the Moon can get raunchy, and the Second City humor would likely be over their head.

Just my two cents

My 9 year old daughter enjoyed Blue Man group, Cirque, Slime Time Live, Legends and Jeff Hobson (although some of the humor was over her head). She also did the Nick character breakfast and thought that was fun too. There are also lots of movie nights in the Atrium on the big screen.

I don't think Howl at the Moon or Second City would be good at that age. Howl at the Moon can get raunchy, and the Second City humor would likely be over their head.

Just my two cents

Ditto. We were on with my 6 year old grandson and he had a blast.

Just my two cents

We had our 2 boys (almost 8 & 12) with us ... and I agree with sdmike too.

Altho ... our boys did enjoy Howl at the Moon (before 11pm) ... b/c they love music ... and kept asking to go back. They also enjoyed Fat Cats too. We also brought them to an early show of Second City ... but I think the little one thought it was boring since he didn't *get it* :p

So ... it really depends on your kids ... and what they like. Most of the shows were fine before 11pm ... but after 11 is when it gets more *adult*. But since it's all free ... it doesn't hurt to go in and try the earlier shows ... and just leave if it doesn't suit them :)

I heard rumor that there were family-friendly shows from the Second City group but my kids didn't have enough interest for me to look into it. I do recall seeing on the dailies a blurb about 'mature audiences' for one of their late shows but the evening show did not state 'family friendly'. Perhaps it was just assumed. Anyway... BMG, legends (if they like music), Cirque (adult humor/references would probably go unnoticed), Slime Time, and I would put Hobson as a maybe (I liked it but some of the humor was questionable for younger guests who didn't have it go over their head)

My son will have just turned 8 when we cruise on Epic. What shows and entertainment should be OK for kids his age, and are there any we should absolutely avoid for either content or boredom reasons? He's well-behaved, so we are willing to try new things. Thank you for helping with this!

As for Second City, please know that for their main show, 3 or 4 of the skits include what some would consider mature themes such as infidelity, pretending shrimp repeatedly tossed into cleavage, beer bong, drunks, a little 'mild' language with a few D's and H's, etc.... And if you go to their 'workshop' on the sea day, one of the Second City 'classic' clips they show includes much more mature language and topics - I was dissapointed that they included that particular clip given the audience was 1/3 or so under age 16 I would have guessed.

If its your first time to see Second City, they're funny. If you see them again, it's a nearly complete retread of the same skits again and again. As SC has grown, they are less naturally funny, but rather actors portraying the carefully scripted skits. Even their 'scriptless' show seemed very contrived. All tricks of the trade I'm sure.

Archived