Halloween 2005 on Rhapsody

txfab

I just found out this ship is being marketed to staight people. When I signed up I was not informed of this. Will these people have their own events planned? Just how many will be on our ship? (JK)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=244467

Should RCCL inform us when breeders book? (JK)

Michael your website has caused a stir. You are being compared to Atlantis!

Enjoy reading the thread and you all will be seeing me holding hands in my speedo with my back hair parted.

txfab

Hi,

I am one of the straight people. The ship, from what I understood, is a straight ship with a block of rooms purchased by your travel agency (50-100 (IE 200 people ish) from what I have heard on this roll call board). THe other 2,000 people on the ship will be straight. Again, i confirmed with RCCL, THIS IS NOT A GAY CRUISE, just "a travel agency marketing to gay's has purchased about a hundered or so rooms". The activites will be mixed between us, and I am assuming that because you guys are such a large group, they will reserve lounges for some of your private parties. I hope to be able to meet and party with a lot of you!

If you go to the other roll calls on the main page, you will see that SEVERAL families/couples (Straight) have booked on this cruise. If this was a totally chartered gay cruise, we would have had to book with your travel agency.

Hi,

I am one of the straight people. The ship, from what I understood, is a straight ship with a block of rooms purchased by your travel agency (50-100 (IE 200 people ish) from what I have heard on this roll call board). THe other 2,000 people on the ship will be straight. Again, i confirmed with RCCL, THIS IS NOT A GAY CRUISE, just "a travel agency marketing to gay's has purchased about a hundered or so rooms". The activites will be mixed between us, and I am assuming that because you guys are such a large group, they will reserve lounges for some of your private parties. I hope to be able to meet and party with a lot of you!

If you go to the other roll calls on the main page, you will see that SEVERAL families/couples (Straight) have booked on this cruise. If this was a totally chartered gay cruise, we would have had to book with your travel agency.

In case you missed the humor, he posted this as a joke in response to one of the threads on the regular board. There was a thread on the RCCL board about someone who had booked this cruise and then heard it was an all gay cruise. For the most part the thread was very civil and the people posting there were great, there must have been some that I didn't get to read though because they pulled the thread while I was at work one day.

See you all this weekend!

Kent

Ya'll have a great cruise Kent and Andy! We survived Wilma and sent her back to Bedrock! Just moderate winds and lots and lots of rain here in Central Florida. Hope we can catch up on Yahoo sometime soon!

Hi guys,

Glad that you survived the hurricane. I am sure it will be a great cruise but would be much better if you all were going to be there also. Take care of yourselves and chat with you soon!

Kent

Checking in, sorry I got you confused Fightfighterhoop....yeah, that post under RCCL was pulled due to the subject matter. I was trying to make a joke out of some peoples misconceptions about gay people. I keep forgetting there are many different people who are not gay read these boards too.

WE ARE ALL ONE UNDER THE SUN.

Fightfighterhoop we are arriving Saturday around noon and maybe some of us on the regular meet and mingle board can get together. So come join us too; I would enjoy hearing about you cruising experiences.

flspeedo thanks for the message..........glad you're okay. We will try and catch you on messenger soon.

Michael & Jim, Todduz, okrangler9, Donnie&Russ are you all ready?

Kent & Andy

It is true that most of the people on the ship are straight and there was a certain amount of rooms blocked out for our group. Last year we had way over 160 people of so and we had the best time that anybody could have ever wanted even being on on a all gay cruise. Everybody in our group dines at the same time every night in the dinning room and afterwards we all go up to the Viking Lounge and party and dance the night away. We do have certains activies from the "straight" people but everyway you look or turn you will see somebody gay and its like being on a gay cruise. We act just like we do any other day of our lives. For Russ and I we like it much better because it isn't to many people in our group but enough to get to know everybody and make and becomes friends with them all. You will see after you get there Sunday the 30th just how many gay people are on the cruise and like all the rest of us enjoy each and everyday and be one of the first to sign up for next years 2006 Halloween Cruise. If you notice this years cruise booked really fast and if will be a blast for everyone both gay & straight. After you get there Suday and checked into your room come up to the deck leading to the Windjammer Caf. there will be a group of us starting to gather as other shipmates aboard waiting to set sail. Also the staff on this shaip are wonderful and very friendly people and go out of there way to make eveyones atay a great one. See you and everybod Sunday and have your costumes ready for Monday night it will be lots of fun.

Donnie & Russ

Hey Donnie&Russ; thanks for the great information. It will be great going with this group for the first time. We will be the 2 tall guys with hats on. Should be easy to spot in the crowd............lol.

Andy

Hello everyone!

We are not part of the "Pirates of the Gayribbean" group but my partner and I just booked the cruise today.

We're cutting it close and will both be flying into Houston early Sunday morning from our home in Indianapolis.

Hopefully we can meet up with some of you.

Hey welcome! Glad to see there will be other people our age on board, (I see you are 26) we are 21/24, (Not Gay, but have been on this board also meeting people we are sailing with). We look forward to partying with you every night!

By the way, anyone have any speculation of our new itinerary.

Yes, I'm 26 and my partner is 40 (but acts like he's 16! :D ) He's never been on a cruise before and he's really excited. I won't see him until late Saturday night right before we leave for Houston but calling me constantly telling me how he's getting ready. He ran out immediately today and bought a tux right after we booked. Now if I can just find a costume!!!

I'm calling RCI tomorrow morning to ask about transfers. Maybe they will have decided by then. I really could care less where we go, I'm just excited about being able to book at the last minute!

Yes, I'm 26 and my partner is 40 (but acts like he's 16! :D ) He's never been on a cruise before and he's really excited. I won't see him until late Saturday night right before we leave for Houston but calling me constantly telling me how he's getting ready. He ran out immediately today and bought a tux right after we booked. Now if I can just find a costume!!!

I'm calling RCI tomorrow morning to ask about transfers. Maybe they will have decided by then. I really could care less where we go, I'm just excited about being able to book at the last minute!

Welcome aboard John & Rob

I agree it doesn't matter where we go as long as I am on the ship it will be a great time. Can't believe we are so close, we booked almost a year ago so have been waiting, not so patiently, for the cruise to get here.

Have a great day,

Kent

Our official itenerary change is now on Rccl.com. Looks as if we are only going to miss Cozumel and get Costa Maya instead.

Scott

UPDATE - Rhapsody of the Seas - The Sunday, October 30, sailing of Rhapsody of the Seas is unable to visit Cozumel Friday, due to the port's closure. Instead, the ship will make a port call in Costa Maya, Mexico, that day.

Hello men

Well the time is almost here, only two days before we set sail. I hope you all are ready for 7 days of nothing but fun full days and even more fun nights because that is whats going to happen. See all you men/women Sunday and I will be looking for those two big hats Kent

Donnie & Russ

Unfortunately, since we just booked I haven't had a chance to get to know any of you on this board. I hope to be able to meet some of you in our travels around the ship. I would say just look for the gay couple always by the pool but I have a feeling we won't be the only ones!!!:p

Archived