Hampton Inn-Ybor (Downtown) Tampa....Any opinions? Have you stayed there?

cruise3122

We are considering booking rooms at the Hampton Inn near Ybor City in Tampa. I am hoping someone who has stayed there recently can give us some feedback as to this hotel. Eventhough we will only be there one night pre-cruise, we were hoping to stay somewhere with some nightlife, restaurants, etc., shuttle service, and is priced right.

Thanks!!!

We are considering booking rooms at the Hampton Inn near Ybor City in Tampa. I am hoping someone who has stayed there recently can give us some feedback as to this hotel. Eventhough we will only be there one night pre-cruise, we were hoping to stay somewhere with some nightlife, restaurants, etc., shuttle service, and is priced right.

Thanks!!!

While I have not stayed there I have been for conferences and I frequent the area. It is a nice newer hotel right on the TECO Streetcar line. With the streetcar you can get into the Channelside district for nightlife and restaurants as well as to the cruise terminal and aquarium, or down town proper for more restaurants and museums. It is within easy walking distance of restaurants and nightlife in the Ybor district of town. Ybor is the historic district, and this hotel fits in quite well. If you are a very light sleeper I would recommend requesting a room on the side away from the streetcar line as it runs until 2am on the weekend. Alternatively, if you are a rail fan then request a room overlooking the line!

Steve

Archived