Cabbage Beach

DEERINH2O

Can someone tell me about this beach. My DD and boyfriend are getting a massage done on this beach and we all wanted to hang out afterwards. Do they have any water toys to rent?

Is it a safe beach. I have heard that some of the beaches are not safe. We just want to hang out and swim for awhile... Is this a good place to do it?

Thanks,

Kathy

We went to Cabbage Beach last November after an unexpected stop at Nassau on the Destiny (engine issues). Since we only had a few hours we decided to stop by since a had heard a lot about it. (Based reading advise from Scubagirl on this board, we went to Cable Beach during our scheduled stop in Nassau two days earlier.)

I was extremely disappointed with Cabbage beach (and I usually like the more rustic, natural places). Other than a few locals renting chairs and peddling goods, we didn't see much else. There are no bathroom facilities and no lifeguards from what I saw. The bad part was how rough the water was breaking. I usually go to the Outer Banks and I am used to rough water but this was pretty bad. I thought that perhaps we just went on a bad day but I was just reading a review on the Carnival boards today and a man reviewing his Nov. 15th cruise on the Destiny just broke his left clavicle from a rough wave at Cabbage Beach. Had to go to the hospital and nearly missed the ship.

Maybe the water is not so rough other times of the year (summer). I have seen some good reviews. However, we are bringing our kids with us for their first cruise next May and I will not even consider going to Cabbage Beach.

• 4 weeks later...

We were there in April and the water was so very calm, like bath water and crystal clear. We got what we were looking for that day, white sandy beach cool fresh drinks, sun and an umbrella. No life guards, no toys, just a beastiful beach. Not too crowded either. A short walk to the resorts and we used the restrooms there. We've hit rough water at various beaches, then the next cruise they were calm, it just depends on the weather. We always go in April though. Pat

We went to Cabbage Beach last November after an unexpected stop at Nassau on the Destiny (engine issues). Since we only had a few hours we decided to stop by since a had heard a lot about it. (Based reading advise from Scubagirl on this board, we went to Cable Beach during our scheduled stop in Nassau two days earlier.)

I was extremely disappointed with Cabbage beach (and I usually like the more rustic, natural places). Other than a few locals renting chairs and peddling goods, we didn't see much else. There are no bathroom facilities and no lifeguards from what I saw. The bad part was how rough the water was breaking. I usually go to the Outer Banks and I am used to rough water but this was pretty bad. I thought that perhaps we just went on a bad day but I was just reading a review on the Carnival boards today and a man reviewing his Nov. 15th cruise on the Destiny just broke his left clavicle from a rough wave at Cabbage Beach. Had to go to the hospital and nearly missed the ship.

Maybe the water is not so rough other times of the year (summer). I have seen some good reviews. However, we are bringing our kids with us for their first cruise next May and I will not even consider going to Cabbage Beach.

Archived