Carnival Celebration

vvshahn

I just returned from the "vacation from hell"!!! My cabin flooded with stagnant, smelly drain water the first AND second days and not only did I have to deal with this, the odor in the cabin was nauseating (and unhealthy breathing mold spores) for the entire cruise -- I got no satisfaction from Carnival while on board and they are not being very cooperative now in trying to deal with their guest relations department. Don't believe them when they say they have a guarantee!

Just wanted to respond to your recent trip on the celebration. My husband and I, along with 16 other people were also on the same cruise with you during the time on 2-17 thru the 21st. We also had a horrible time! My husband and I were the first ones to get the flu that was going around. boy, were we :eek: sick!!! The :mad: sad part about this, is that we did not know that half the ship had what we did. It looked more like a hospital than a cruise due to the fact that there were wheel chairs with people in them and buckets under their mouths.:rolleyes: The thing that we are all mad about was, no one was made aware of the sickness on board. We feel like the cruise director should have came over the intercom and announced to everyone about the sickness on board. As we were getting off on Monday, we were asked if we had a good time. We said yes, would have had a better time if we had not been sick...He immediately said: YES, we were aware of the sickness and that is why they are disinfecting the BOAT! Along with that comment, they were busy loading the boat again with FOOD for the next trip.............

Wow! I sure hate that you guys had such a bad time and got sick. We are on Celebration 9 Apr and trust me I don't like seeing things like this. We were on her last year when she was leaving out of Galveston then. We had a great time and as best we know no one was sick nor did anyone we know of have backed up toilets etc. I have seen a number of negative reports on this ship of late - and I am not talking about those that whine because it rained or something stupid like that. These are real problems you guys had to deal with. Saw a report on here earlier today where some folks got food poisoning from ship food and still had to pay the doctor. Makes no sense to me. Sometimes it makes me wonder where the cruiselines heads are??

I've read ALOT of negative reviews about celebration in the past year. Not just on this board but at other sites that I frequent as well. I really wanted to sail on celebration since the port is closer to my house (I live in ATL) but with everything Ive read, we decided to drive the extra miles and sail Fantasy out of canaveral.

:( I am so sorry to hear of your horrible vacation. :(

We were also on the 2-17 cruise and are still sick :( I just hope that the next cruise didn't have this problem. It is so true that it looked more like a hospital than a cruise there were wheel chairs everywhere. There were also 3 ladies complaining that 1 person that was in there group had been sick so they wouldn't let any of the people that booked with that person get off at any of the ports. They were begging to see the Captain and were told he is a busy man and didn't have time to see any of the passangers on the ship. I just hope he was not sick because for some reason we were going a lot faster on the last day i guess that's why we got back to Jacksonville 6 hrs. early where they were taking people off in ambulances. :(

Archived