Cabo - beach and Cabo Wabo help

dolphinwyo

This is our 2nd time to Cabo - last time we went to arches, then walked to Cabo Wabo. This time we want to go to Medano beach and also to Cabo. So - if we take a water taxi to Medano beach area is it walkable (with 2 kids) to get to Cabo Wabo? Or are there land taxis plentiful (and safe) to get us to Cabo and we could walk back from there? I just remember it being very warm and kids won't want to walk a long distance. Thanks for any advice.

This is our 2nd time to Cabo - last time we went to arches, then walked to Cabo Wabo. This time we want to go to Medano beach and also to Cabo. So - if we take a water taxi to Medano beach area is it walkable (with 2 kids) to get to Cabo Wabo? Or are there land taxis plentiful (and safe) to get us to Cabo and we could walk back from there? I just remember it being very warm and kids won't want to walk a long distance. Thanks for any advice.

Land Taxis (all big vans) are very plentiful and very safe. $6 will get you from Medano to Cabo Wabo. You could walk it but it would be a long and hot walk especially with kids.

Cabo San Lucas. We usually walk to Solmar Beach via the lobby of the Hotel Solmar, and go south to the end of the beach for a little sunning. On one occasion a Mexican father and son asked us if we wanted to be shown how to go the Lovers Beach (which is an "excursion" for the cruise lines). I always thought that one could get there if you don't mind a little bit of "boulder hopping." We politely declined, but they continued on over the rocks. I later climbed to the top of the "first bit of rocks," which revealed that it would take another bit of boulder hopping to actually get to that beach. At any rate, we usually go back to the Hotel Solmar for a couple of fish tacos and a beer before returning back to the ship. To get to Solmar Beach, just go towards the Pacific Ocean off of the cruise dock (it's only about 1/4 mile).

We've never been to Cabo Wabo.........sounded too much like Senior Frogs.

• 2 months later...
Thanks - that sounds like a plan. Love Sammy Hagar, so have to hit Cabo - it is touristy, but have to do it! Will plan on a taxi then, kids+walking+heat equals not too much fun. Glad to hear they are plentiful and safe.

Have you read the Trip Advisor reviews on Cabo Wabo? You can take of it what you will but I would suggest you read the recent comments, especially if you are traveling with children. Two of them (recent) are quite interesting.

I also read a review on here that wasn't exactly favorable, either... and I was just looking it up because I thought DH would like it. I have ruled it out for us but that is just my choice. You should obviously make your own decision and have a great time whatever you do! :)

Have you read the Trip Advisor reviews on Cabo Wabo? You can take of it what you will but I would suggest you read the recent comments, especially if you are traveling with children. Two of them (recent) are quite interesting.

I also read a review on here that wasn't exactly favorable, either... and I was just looking it up because I thought DH would like it. I have ruled it out for us but that is just my choice. You should obviously make your own decision and have a great time whatever you do! :)

Most of the reviews on Trip Advisor are written by people staying in Cabo not cruise passengers. During the day Cabo Wabo is dead! Only one tiny portion of the place is even open and is totally appropriate for kids. The main bar does not open until 8 or 9 with the band starting at 10. I wouldn't eat there- the food is overpriced and very mediocre but go have a Waborita and buy a shirt, then move on and have lunch at one of the many fabulous restaurants right in the same area.

Thanks - we just want to stop by Cabo Wabo for a bit - don't think it will get too wild, we have to be back by 3:00 p.m.

So - if we take water taxi to Medano Beach - maybe Medano beach club or Tabascos with kids, then land taxi to Cabo Wabo, then walk back to pier and shop along way - is this a reasonable day? Our kids are 10 and 6, good travelers. If we had time we could water taxi back to pier, take them back to ship, then walk from pier to Cabo and back? Thoughts? None of the excursions looked that exciting for the price...just want a beach for a while....

Thanks - we just want to stop by Cabo Wabo for a bit - don't think it will get too wild, we have to be back by 3:00 p.m.

So - if we take water taxi to Medano Beach - maybe Medano beach club or Tabascos with kids, then land taxi to Cabo Wabo, then walk back to pier and shop along way - is this a reasonable day? Our kids are 10 and 6, good travelers. If we had time we could water taxi back to pier, take them back to ship, then walk from pier to Cabo and back? Thoughts? None of the excursions looked that exciting for the price...just want a beach for a while....

That sounds like a good plan. It will take less than 10 minutes by taxi from Tabasacos ( you will walk thru the lobby at either the Pueblo Bonito or Cascadas resort to catch the cab) and then plan on a 15-20 minute walk from Cabo Wabo back to the ship.

Archived