Cruise & Park in New Orleans during French Quarter Festival?

Natanni

We have cruised 3x out of New Orleans and we are finally sailing down the Mississippi again in April! We have stayed at the Hilton Riverside, Spring Hill Suites and Courtyard Marriott downtown and usually stayed at the cruise ship terminal parking ramp. I do have a room booked at the Drury Inn & Suites which looks like a great, clean modern hotel....but does anyone have other more "New Orleans" feel hotels that offer park and cruise? I was hoping to get in at Maison St Charles, but you need 3 nights booked and we can only come in on Saturday. Maison Dupuy doesn't offer park/cruise according to the person I spoke with. Any other ideas? The Drury looks to be in a very commercial area--true?

To me everything downtown or in the qtr is very commercial .. so Im confused what you are looking for. We thought the rooms at Drury were beautiful ..very large, black marble around the entrance with loft ceiling near the windows with a view toward the qtr.

The main other hotel cruisers use is the Holiday Inn superdome and if you think Drury isnt special enough, you will hate the Holiday Inn.

Drury is a easy walk to me to Brothers or the French Qtr, where you can get however many items you want ala carte. I had the beans and rice and the shrimp gumbo .. both had tons of meat.

If you have your heart set on staying in the middle of the French qtr, its going to cost a lot more if you want a parking package. I talked to a TA who maybe booked Marriott? not sure. .. but there are other more expensive hotels you can book too... but they are chain hotels.. so not the french qtr feel ...what price range are you looking at that you are willing to pay extra to get this feel?

To me everything downtown or in the qtr is very commercial .. so Im confused what you are looking for. We thought the rooms at Drury were beautiful ..very large, black marble around the entrance with loft ceiling near the windows with a view toward the qtr.

The main other hotel cruisers use is the Holiday Inn superdome and if you think Drury isnt special enough, you will hate the Holiday Inn.

Drury is a easy walk to me to Brothers or the French Qtr, where you can get however many items you want ala carte. I had the beans and rice and the shrimp gumbo .. both had tons of meat.

If you have your heart set on staying in the middle of the French qtr, its going to cost a lot more if you want a parking package. I talked to a TA who maybe booked Marriott? not sure. .. but there are other more expensive hotels you can book too... but they are chain hotels.. so not the french qtr feel ...what price range are you looking at that you are willing to pay extra to get this feel?

The Drury does look very Embassy Suite-like (and is #1 with Trip Advisor), definately looks upscale. When I looked a pics of the pool area, for example, it appears to be mabye on a roof, surrounded by large skyscraper type buildings, no trees. Clean, nice, sterile, etc. We were just looking for something more like one of the Maison's, but that may not be possible. We traveled with young kids in New Orleans when we cruised from her years ago. Just looking for something a bit more...jazzy :) and with a place to the Jeep! Are you able to catch the streetcar from the Drury?

Archived