Paying for Extras on QM2 - Advice Please!!

cf2404

We will be first time cruisers on QM2 and wonder can anybody clarify what EXACTLY is included in your price vis-a-vis meals etc. I have been reading all about the delicious sounding cream teas - are they included??; Midnight buffets - included??

Obviously you have to pay for all alcoholic drinks, is there free soda, free tea/coffee during the day? Any guidelines on drinks prices for say a G&T, a beer or glass of wine?

And lastly, does your daily gratuity charged to your cabin cover all tipping at bars for alcoholic drinks that you purchase or do you still have to tip each time you purchase at a bar?

Thanks for advice.

The only meals that have extra changes are the Chef's Galley and Todd English. The Todd English is $20 for lunch and $30 for dinner person and well worth it. Not sure on the Chef's Galley since we did not eat there.

All sodas and alcohol cost extra, but they do have a soda card (about $4 per day if I remember correctly, for unlimited sodas). The prices for cocktails were much cheaper than comparable cocktails on land which was a nice suprise. All bar purchases include a gratuity with the option to add more if you wish. Coffee tea and juice are available in the Kings Court buffet area all day long and the afternoon teas are included.

Hope this helps.

Enjoy your trip.

The Chef's Galley costs an extra $25, but it includes champagne and wine (a different wine with each course).

I HIGHLY recommend Chef's Galley and Todd English. They are both well worth the extra charge (at least once during your cruise).

A funny story about the Chef's Galley: THe night we went, it was the "Spa Menu", i.e., lite fare. The proceedings were overseen by the Spa's nutritionist, who discussed the various ingredients and cooking styles used in the meal, and why they were healthy. When she walked out of the room for a period of time, the Chef took a poll among the diners regsarding whether we wanted extra butter instead of light oil for cooking the chicken breast. Of course, we all opted for butter. ;) He included a healthy glob of butter, we enjoyed our tasty meal, and the nutritionist was none the wiser.

Bill

Archived