RCCL Adventure vs. CCL Destiny

rjh8115

Hello Carnival Board,

This is my first post in your community. All of our previous cruises have been either RCCL or DCL.

We (myself, DW, DS7 and DS5) are currently booked on the Adventure of the Seas out of San Juan for a 7-night southern Caribbean cruise. I booked this back in September and got 2 connecting inside cabins for around $5k.

We are about one month away from the final payment date and I have having second thoughts. I did a bit of research and found that I could book a single GTY oceanview room on the Destiny for our same dates for around $1500 less. :eek:

So now I don't know what to do. Has anyone sailed these two (or two ships in the same classes)? We've been on a Voyager-class ship last year and had a great time.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Rick

I have been on both classes of ships. I would take the Destiny because it's cheaper. Look, the only good reason to go to all the trouble and expense of flying to San Juan is to see the southern carribean ports. I'd be happy on any ship going down there.

I have been on the Explorer of the Seas, and the Destiny. If I were doing the Southern Caribbean, I would go with the Destiny - both ships will be going to the same areas. The only extras on the Explorer to speak of were the sports deck - ie - rock climbing wall, basketball court etc., - to me, that would not be worth an extra $1500.00

Whatever you decide, have a wondeful time!

I've never done this trip before but my group is in process of putting one together for next January on the Carnival Destiny. The price was the deciding factor plus we been on 2 Carnival ships before and had a blast. If you decide on the Destiny let me know how you liked it.

Thanks!

For comparison sake - We too have been on the Destiny and the Explorer of the Seas. While we loved both cruises... I would recommend that you go on the Destiny - I think your kids would have a better time on Carnival. And, I truly believe that the food and live entertainment was much better on Carnival. RCI has fantastic service but we're going back to Carnival for our next cruise and can't wait till they publish the April 2006 itineraries and pricing. Hope this helps... Have a blast!!!

So now I don't know what to do. Has anyone sailed these two (or two ships in the same classes)? We've been on a Voyager-class ship last year and had a great time.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Rick

Hi Rick,

I have done both classes of ships a few times and the Destiny for a second time this past August. I am a fan of RCI and I love their ships better than CCL but price is price. The RCI is much newer, but the Destiny is in great shape.

Save the money!!

Steve

Archived