Adding HAL CPP after booking - who's done it?

fann1sh

It's been over a year since I've been on a cruise ship, with two cancelled cruises in a row since then. I need to book a cruise, even if it's a long way off.

However, I also need "cancel for any reason" insurance, and I'll probably settle on HAL Platinum CPP. (I do know about the online alternatives, but things aren't simple for Canadians.)

HAL Platinum CPP can now be added up to 75 days before sailing, and that's what I want to do - wait and pay later. Kudos to KK for posting about this:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1276841

But, has anyone done this yet with a travel agent? Was it easy? Or, did you have to convince them it was possible? Did you wish you'd booked it at the beginning, because it was such a hassle?

I will be getting the platinum CPP by the end of the month. But I did book with HAL directly. I can tell you they were more than knowledgeable about it (I think because they saw it as a real sales strong-point for their line, which I agree with) and in fact recommended strongly not to pay until just before final deposit.

Archived