How bad is David Peterson - really?

pacheco18

that Willie has advanced and will now be a CD. He had just joined Oceania as a member of the activity staff when we sailed on the Regatta T/A this spring and just found him to be delightful! LuAnn

Hi, LuAnn!! We just returned from Insignia and yes, Willie was our CD! What a pleasant surprise. He remembered us and we got big hugs when we boarded in Barcelona. He is doing a great job and we're thrilled for him. Daily Trivia was a ton of fun with Willie. Marsha and Lou

Hi, LuAnn!! We just returned from Insignia and yes, Willie was our CD! What a pleasant surprise. He remembered us and we got big hugs when we boarded in Barcelona. He is doing a great job and we're thrilled for him. Daily Trivia was a ton of fun with Willie. Marsha and Lou

Hi Marsha,

Glad to hear about Willie especailly after all the bashing he sustained undeservedly a while back. Happy Holidays Deb

Latest (of many) O cruises was 10/12-24/10 Venice to Athens. CD was Leslie John, one of the most charming, friendly, engaging people I have ever had the pleasure to meet, compared to two cruises on which David Petersen was the CD and ....well....

OK, let's put it this way. I booked the cruise and, as usual wait, like everyone else, to hear who the senior staff will be. Every time I hope it is not David Petersen; everytime I hope it is Leslie John. Oceania has asked Leslie John to be the CD on the Marina.

It doesn't take a Rhodes scholar.....

Latest (of many) O cruises was 10/12-24/10 Venice to Athens. CD was Leslie John, one of the most charming, friendly, engaging people I have ever had the pleasure to meet, compared to two cruises on which David Petersen was the CD and ....well....

OK, let's put it this way. I booked the cruise and, as usual wait, like everyone else, to hear who the senior staff will be. Every time I hope it is not David Petersen; everytime I hope it is Leslie John. Oceania has asked Leslie John to be the CD on the Marina.

It doesn't take a Rhodes scholar.....

Absolute opposite opinion, and we really don't see what would qualify Leslie John ahead of others. We found David Peterson a very capable and professional Cruise Director, who managed his team extremely well. Unlike Leslie John who we found to be more interested in particular passengers and not the whole, and very superficial.

I appreciate all the honest responses.

It may just be a matter of style -- different strokes etc.

We sail on Nautica in 3 weeks and I can judge for myself--I am keeping an open mind. We are traveling with 2 other couples and we will have a ball regardless.

Happy New Year!! I can imagine that Willie was a blast at Trivia...we sure had a great time on the Regatta T/A...can't wait to sail with you all again!! LuAnn

We sailed with Leslie Jon a couple of years ago and he was very good except when he was told he got an answer wrong in the trivia quiz. There was no budging him on two occasions when professionals in the relevant fields attempted to put him right.

However, I'd still be very happy to have him as my cruise director again.

we have had both david and leslie as cd. david 3 times leslie once ,yes leslie was always around and had his breakfeast in the same spot all the time but david seemed to be more hands on, both of there staff were great.

now talk about lousy cd, just had willie aames on the crossing from barcelona to rio.... he should not be doing this for a living

We sail on Nautica in 3 weeks and I can judge for myself--I am keeping an open mind. We are traveling with 2 other couples and we will have a ball regardless.

Well, Dottie Drake is CD now on Nautica for Istanbul-Capetown-Singapore...and our docs say she will be with us 15 Feb in Bangkok. I assume you will see her also unless she takes a short break.:cool:

We had her last year from Ist-Sing and she was great. IMHO

David is terrific. He is charming with an acerbic wit. He is very engaged with crew and passengers. He runs a great game of trivia. I do not understand the negative posts I found

We are on day 4 of Asian wonders. Superb itinerary. David adds immensely to our enjoyment of the cruise

David is terrific. He is charming with an acerbic wit. He is very engaged with crew and passengers. He runs a great game of trivia. I do not understand the negative posts I found

We are on day 4 of Asian wonders. Superb itinerary. David adds immensely to our enjoyment of the cruise

Thank you for being objective and keeping an open mind. We enjoyed David on our cruise too.

Well, Dottie Drake is CD now on Nautica for Istanbul-Capetown-Singapore...and our docs say she will be with us 15 Feb in Bangkok. I assume you will see her also unless she takes a short break.

We had her last year from Ist-Sing and she was great. IMHO.

We're told by friends who just disembarked in Singapore, that our docs are wrong. Dottie left Nautica in Singapore, and is taking four weeks off before reporting to Regatta. In fact, the entire Nautica senior staff & crew was changed in Singapore.

We'll be happy to meet David in Bangkok in February. :cool:

Archived