Do i need to bring Beach Towels? and Swimming with Stingrays?

OK Su671 we're on for the taxi 2 the airport. The first day of the cruise is a sea day. So if we could meet up on that day and arrange something it would be great. How about 3pm in Blakes bar ?

Capasmara are you on the same cruise ? if so are you interested in joining us?

I also note you're from Tamworth, so am I. Only left 3 years ago.

As the flights are all around lunchtime we wouldn't have to get up too early and then could be dropped off in the shopping area early enough to buy whatever we want too.

Perhaps even share a cab back to the ship.

My OH is looking at buying an e-reader/book are they cheaper on St Martin too ?

yes brill cannockfrodo, yes our 1st full day we will meet you in Blacks Bar at 3 to arrange the taxi. i have a Kindle, FANTASTIC PIECE OF KIT, i paid £109 from Amazonuk, bought the wi-fi one "dont need the 3G one", i have got about 4000 books on a disc, mostley thrillers, but a few bio as well, they are all top authers, new books as well that you would buy now from waterstones, Koontz, Paterson, Grisham, Barack Obama, Tony Blair, Ian Banks, ian flemming, the Dexter series, Twilite books, bond, god the list goes on & on, if you buy one before you go, i will copy you this disc and post it to you, then all you have to do is Drag &Drop the books you want onto the kindle, its a pity you cant private message on here, i could put an old email address that i dont use anymore, or is there another way to send private messages

my OH...(su) honest !!! is seriuosly looking at getting one but there won't be time now b4 we depart.

I'm sure she'll pick your brain over this she's torn at the mo between a kindle and an e-pad/reader that also plays dvd's the epad is cheaper and slightly bigger screen and the kindle can't do dvd's bit we're wondering if that means its not so good for books. also the kindle isn't lit so u can read it on the dark.

any advice would be great and even if she doesn't read some of those authors on that disc i know i will lol

r u on the dreaded FB ? if so message me....Martin Jenkins or (less common) Susan Marcynko.

Ta very much

Here you are cannockfrodo, you can e-mail them to ask if they stock the e-readers!

http://www.caribbeanedge.com/st_maarten/shopping/specialty_stores/boolchands.html

Yes, we'd like to join you for the airport trip. I had been looking at the rhino rider excursion but have decided against it! We'll come and find you in Blakes at 3pm on the sea day.

We're staying at the Manchester airport Travel Lodge the night before we fly on Boxing Day, going to cook Christmas dinner here then leave the kids with the washing up!

Carol x

not on facebook, but my wife is, so i will tell her to add you, she is called Sara "Hall" Comer. the kindle can play MP3s, but it is mainly a Book, its amazing, you can read it in Direct sunlight "its true", iv tried it, the other day it was so sunny and the reflecsion of the snow and you could just read it like you were reading a book, the epad/reader i dont know much about, my friend has got a ipad and he loves it, but its just like a laptop when its in the sunshine, you cant see a thing. what i will do is copy this disc anyway and bring it with me on the cruise and then if you end up buying a kindle you can add the books at home "its drag & drop" when you put the usb into you laptop it apears as an external device and you just drag the books you want stright to it "but you have to put them in the "Kindles Document file", when you open you kindle it has 4 folders, 1 for music, 1 for books and im not sure what the other 2 are for.

anyway going right of the subjet of crusing lol, ilove the kindle, i think its a Fantastic piece of kit, but its just that a BOOK.

So looking forward to our cruise, my wife thinks its mad that you can arrange things like this in a forum, but hay thats why these forums are here, to help people.

PS, is it cold at night, what i mean is, lets say after a few beer, i fancy nipping on deck and having a drink on deck "is this allowed", will it be COLD or nippy, will i need to bring anything like a jumper/cardy "not a grandad cardy", or is it still warm enougth to just have a shirt on, Thanks

All I will say is that you can drink anywhere on the ship as we're sailing thru the night the wind does get up a bit if you go outside so a thin jumper may be in order, you can leave the fleece in the suitcase when you unpack.

We're getting Kindles but we won't get them in time for the cruise, so that disc would be awesome.

Roll on Sunday !!

I've always found in the Caribbean that as you step out on deck in the evening the heat hits you after the cooler air conditioning inside the ship.

Sometimes if the seas are high they close off the prom deck at the bow, i.e. you can't do the full circuit round the ship.

Enjoy your Christmas on board, but leave some cocktails for us for New Year!!!

Carol x

OK, will put the disc in my suitcase and while your on the ship if you weant to have a look at my kndle and have aplay with you are more than welcome, not putting all the books on it, think i will leave it at 2000, which is on it now,, my reading order? i think i might start with a bit of Tony Blair Biography, then onto Alan Suger, and then as the week goes on i might have a bit of Steven Fry and finish the 2 weeks of with Jerremy Clarkson "or there again i might just read some Horror's" lol, PS im rubbish at spelling

its snowing heavey in Manchester at the moment, i live 10miles from the airport and the snowis coming down HEAVEY so anyone who is flying from Mnachester on Saturday, leave earlier than you are thinking of, better to get there to early than to late,,, will leave another post on here tomorrow afernoon "Saturday Afternoon"

Archived