Age distribution on the Fascination

hogwildest

A good friend and I are sailing on the Fascination on Jan.3 - Jan. 8 to Key West and Nassau. It's the first cruise for each of us, and we're both in our mid-20's. It there was originally going to be several of us cruising, but all the rest backed out after we'd already booked. Instead of taking the hit to the wallet by cancelling, we decided we'd give it a shot as a duo.

My questions for those who've had the pleasure of cruising on this ship, or similar itineraries is, will there be other folks near our age? Will everyone be married? What's the age distribution like?

We're fun-loving, relatively outgoing guys and will make the best of it, and try to have fun with whoever's around, but some younger, maybe single folks to hang out with might be nice.

Thanks in advance for any answers. Safe and happy travels to all.

You will find people of all ages on the Fascination! My husband and I are in our - ummmm - 50's and have cruised on her. Our children are in their 20's and have cruised on her :) They have always had a good time and found others close to their age to hang out with - when they were too tired to hang with us PROS - LOL ;) You will have fun!

I'm a young adult single too, and I've been on many cruises, and I've enjoyed every one of them. There usually are some scheduled singles activities, but none have been fun for me. In fact, several didn't even have anyone at the location when I went. Some were in the dance club, and it was basically just a regular dance club hour, nothing special, nothing making it a "singles" event, nor was it advertised at the door as a singles event. The one time that they made a true effort to have a singles event, it turned into something really gross (not my kind of thing).

Despite this, I always do have a great time. There's still plenty to do and enjoy. The evening shows, karaoke, the dance club, piano bar, the deck party, lido deck games, dance classes (not couples dancing), crazy game shows, the waterslide, mini golf, ping pong, laying in the sun, etc. For me, cruises out of Galveston have had the most young adults. The oldest crowd was my cruise out of Mobile. Florida seems to produce more of an even mix, so there should be some other singles your age.

Unfortunately, many young adult singles get that impression from society that once you're an adult, you don't matter until you get married. Whether or not that's true, that is the impression society sends. And as a result, many young adults have given up on society and try to keep a low profile, even while cruising. That can make it tougher to find them, but they're out there. Alright, enough of this psychobabble. Have a great cruise!

A good friend and I are sailing on the Fascination on Jan.3 - Jan. 8 to Key West and Nassau. It's the first cruise for each of us, and we're both in our mid-20's. It there was originally going to be several of us cruising, but all the rest backed out after we'd already booked. Instead of taking the hit to the wallet by cancelling, we decided we'd give it a shot as a duo.

My questions for those who've had the pleasure of cruising on this ship, or similar itineraries is, will there be other folks near our age? Will everyone be married? What's the age distribution like?

We're fun-loving, relatively outgoing guys and will make the best of it, and try to have fun with whoever's around, but some younger, maybe single folks to hang out with might be nice.

Thanks in advance for any answers. Safe and happy travels to all.

No everyone won't be married.......

Carnival,is good sitting Singles together

in the Dining Room..........

The first night on the Ship,there will be

a Singles meet & greet...........

Carnival really needs to work

on those M&G meetings..........

I hope you all have a great time........

A Cruise is a great vacation.........

On an average the breakdown is 1/3 below 35, 1/3 35 to 55 and 1/3 over 55. Of course, the numbers vary considerably by sailing date... spring break cruises are heavily biased toward the younger crowd as are cruises during the summer when kids are out of school. Cruises during hurricane season are more biased toward the middle group of cruisers...

:)

On an average the breakdown is 1/3 below 35, 1/3 35 to 55 and 1/3 over 55. Of course, the numbers vary considerably by sailing date... spring break cruises are heavily biased toward the younger crowd as are cruises during the summer when kids are out of school. Cruises during hurricane season are more biased toward the middle group of cruisers...

:)

Thanks Mach.........You ruined my day with that post.....I have finally arrived at the last age group:eek:

Archived