Port Cananveral Web CAm

m&m1

What's up with it? I have tried the past few weeks to see the wonderful MOS, but it seems that like today, the picture is not updated often at all. Today's picture is from 5:05 this morning. Is it a security reason? What do you think?

Cruise addict in the making -scratch that... Officially a Cruise Addict

MOS June 6, 2004

Fantasy Nov. 7, 2002

That pic is actually from 6/4 at 5:05 pm. I called the port of canaveral about this on 6/11. The lady I spoke with told me she would pass the information on. It evidently did not happen.

I will be calling them tomorrow a.m.

Tim

I,too, am an avid observer of the Port Canaveral webcam. I noticed the same picture for several days icon_frown.gif and emailed their Media/Public Relations department just this morning (6/21).

I received a quick response stating they had their engineers working on the problem, so I know they are aware of it. The response also stated that the weather had been creating problems in the repairs as well.

Hopefully, it won't be much longer! icon_biggrin.gif

Facation Fanatic

Fantasy - 6/02 Bahamas

Fantasy - 12/02 Bahamas

Victory - 9/03 NE/Canada

Sovereign of the Seas - 1/04 Bahamas

Sovereign of the Seas - 4/04 Bahamas

Carnival Glory to the Eastern Caribbean

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;10;02;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Facation

They are probably getting tired of hearing from us. I called them around 2:00 est today.

Hopefully they will be getting it repaired soon. I miss watching Sovereign and Mariner at port. Will be on Mariner 8/1. CANNOT WAIT!!!

Tim

Yeah, the weather has been horrible here with the thunderstorms the last few nights. The rocket launch has been scrubbed the last two days in a row also, because of the lightning.

So if the rocket scientists can't do their thing, no blame to the "web cam" scientists!

LOL

ps: I went down to watch the Mariner slide out to sea in person at the port yesterday....beautiful! ..sigh. I have a whole year to wait icon_frown.gif.

Cheers! icon_cool.gif

Mariner 6/5/05

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HB Cruiser:

Facation

They are probably getting tired of hearing from us. I called them around 2:00 est today.

Hopefully they will be getting it repaired soon. I miss watching Sovereign and Mariner at port. Will be on Mariner 8/1. CANNOT WAIT!!!

Tim<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I miss those shots as well. From a PR/Media standpoint, I would hope they are smiling about the number of phone calls/emails because it lets them know people are viewing their website and are interested. I would also hope that it puts a little fire under their seats so they will get the cams up and operating correctly. However, we all know we can't do anything about the weather so we can't blame them for that.

I will be on the the Glory in October and am in the process of booking the Sovereign again for January '05. But, like you, I look forward to my webcam shots for a fix until I can get to the port in person!!!

Facation Fanatic

Fantasy - 6/02 Bahamas

Fantasy - 12/02 Bahamas

Victory - 9/03 NE/Canada

Sovereign of the Seas - 1/04 Bahamas

Sovereign of the Seas - 4/04 Bahamas

Carnival Glory to the Eastern Caribbean

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;10;02;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Archived