Condiments on Century

birdcat

Hi Kids -

We will be sailing on the Century in a couple of weeks and I have what may be considered an "odd" question.

I have a severe taste disorder (almost nothing tastes good to me) from a variety of health issues. One thing that helps (don't know why) is various kinds of hot sauce (Trappey's & Tabasco Chipotle are the two that I have been using).

Are hot sauces available in the buffet and MDR or should I BYOB?

Thanks.

I'd BYOB and ask. I'm sure they're available in the MDR (I've had Tabasco with my hash browns), but don't know about the buffet. Bottles are small, and can pack easily. That and you know you'll have just the right one available, rather than settling for what they have.

Living here 70 miles from the Mexican Border, we have a taste for various hot sauces. My favorite comes from Belize. Marie Sharp's Habanero Sauce. Comes in five flavors of "heat". but they are definitely flavors more than just the heat. I prefer the Green or Silver label. Mild or Medium. They do have a decent taste and can actually be found in many Asian Food Stores here in the US. There are also some very good hot sauces in Jamaica. For a take along. Cholula is always a decent sauce, and of course Trappey's or Frank's Red Devil. I wonder how TSA would react to a 3/1/1/1 of hot Sauces?

Where are you sailing to? Some of the Caribbean islands have great hot sauce. They make a yellow/red hot sauce in St. Lucia that is sold throughout the Caribbean that is both fantastic and VERY HOT:eek:

I'd bring my own and supplement. I know I've seen Tabasco on the ship but I'm not sure I've seen others.

We are sailing with you -- can I borrow some? I have seen other people bring their own (which I have also sampled); I think they have regular tabasco onboard, not the chipotle. Would certainly perk up the Mexican buffet onboard!

Hi Kids -

We will be sailing on the Century in a couple of weeks and I have what may be considered an "odd" question.

I have a severe taste disorder (almost nothing tastes good to me) from a variety of health issues. One thing that helps (don't know why) is various kinds of hot sauce (Trappey's & Tabasco Chipotle are the two that I have been using).

Thanks.

Not a weird question at all as I can relate...recently I was told I have acute sinusitis and my taste is slight to nill.... but spicy foods,curries do the trick....I'm not convinced it's sisusitis as we tried many treatments of antibiotics and steroids... would you mind sharing some insight to your problem(off line of course if you prefer) as I'm at an impasse in treatments?

thanks

CC

Archived