Laundry on RCI's ships

wwinfl91

We are going on the Jewel for a transatlantic this spring and I just realized the ship doesn't seem to have a self service laundry.

Can anyone tell me what RCI charges for doing laundry? We just have a regular cabin so I'm sure this is extra although I guess with some high priced cabins it may be included.

Thanks and have a great next cruise.

Just an FYI... we used the laundry facilities alot. (family of 4). It was inexpensive, easy, and well worth it. You just leave your stuff in the laundry bag for your room steward, the next day it is all done, pressed, and on hangers. It was awesome. Budget for it if you can. Have fun!!!!!

• 2 months later...

I went to this link and saw the prices. Question, is each item priced separately or as a group. For example, if I have 4 underwear washed, do they charge $1.20 for each underwear or $1.20 total for all of them?

Also, does anyone know if there are laundy specials done towards the end of the cruise (for Monarch of the Seas)?

Just before boarding on the Grandeur last year my 2 year old threw up his morning chocolate milk. We thought for sure his new shirt would be stained and ruined. He now had a nice play shirt. However we did not want to smell this in our cabin for 10 days so we sent it down to the laundry. For a buck or two not only did they clean it but got every bit of the stain out. We were shocked. Then my wife spilled bleach on it after we go home and ruined it anyway.

We felt it was very well worth it. We are going on a 13 day over thanksgiving and we plan to pack less and just wash the clothes. However I will pack enought underwear. I dont think I want strangers washing them for me!

My other half and I planned badly for our first cruise, and ended up having a load of laundry done on the ship. Total cost was $19.50, but was worth every penny.

The clothes came back quickly, and 3 months later my pants are still pressed.

Laugh if you will.......I could not use an iron to save my life. Seriously, a self service laundry would be nice, but on vacation the service was appreciated.

:D

Archived