Jester Day Sail 2/15 - review

travcoffey

Islands, excursions, and trips come and go, but if you want a tale that will transcend the test of time and provide you and your shipmates with a memory that you will cherish and relive for years to come – then there’s only one choice when you disembark at St. Thomas.

Planning months in advance, I contacted a myriad of day sail adventures in St. Thomas hoping to match our requirements and expectations to get the most out of our limited time on the island. After speaking with Capt. Jim, and hearing about the day sail that we could expect my search quickly ended. Capt. Jim was more than accommodating to our plans and desires.

We arrived at the Jester around 9:30 a.m. after laboring for 45 minutes behind a four-car pile-up. Once we arrived, Capt. Jim quickly tendered us out to the Jester, where our trip of peace and relaxation began. Immediately upon embarking on the Jester, Capt. Jim greeted us with music and cocktails. He served each of us his specialty drink called, “Jester Juice.”

Time quickly became irrelevant as we sailed from St. Thomas over to St. John. Once we reached our destination, of Honeymoon Bay, the day got even better. Anchored in only seven feet of water and only 25 yards from the beach, the Jester begins to offer up the many other amenities that are sure to make your trip a delight. Capt. Jim brought up snorkel gear, mats, and noodles something for everyone to enjoy the crisp waters found in the bay.

While our interests and attention were on the bottom of bay, snorkeling through the wide arrays of colorful coral, and brilliantly colored marine life, Capt. Jim was hard at work cooking a BBQ chicken, pasta salad, and corn on the cob meal that you’ll swear couldn’t have been created aboard the ship. The presentation was exquisite and the taste, well if you’re like me, you’ll be begging Capt. Jim for the recipe. The meal was a perfect compliment to the breathtaking surroundings of St. John.

With time remaining on our day, and after licking clean the platter of food, we plunged back into the water for more snorkeling. After the water fun ended, we choose to savor the last few minutes on St. John by basking in the sun and reflecting on a day that will forever be remembered. Leaving paradise should fill you with despair and remorse, but all your worries and trepidation will quickly melt away as you set sail back towards St. Thomas. The gentle “shooshing” and the rhythmic swaying of the Jester complete the trip like no other experience could. The wind skirting across your face, the sun beaming down upon your brow, and tranquility bathes your soul into the most relaxed state imaginable.

The only words that can begin to describe the day we spent aboard the Jester is – utter indulgence.

This was obviously the highlight of our trip. Sailing the Jester is a must when going to St. Thomas. I’m happy to answer any questions that you might have about this day trip.

Can you tell me what type of music was playing on Jester and if it was on all of the time? I am seriously considering Jester for our day sail and I am imagining sailing along and listening to Jimmy Buffet playing. DH is imagining sailing along and listening to the waves. Neither of us are imagining sailing along and listening to modern dance music.........

Also, did you go to more than one snorkeling spot and did you have a lot of say about where you wanted to go or what you wanted to do?

Thanks for any info!

• 3 weeks later...

Our family of 4 had the same experience on the Jester on February 23rd...totally unforgettable and indulgent! As I recall, Capt'n Jim played Jimmy Buffett and other island music while we were on board. However, I'm sure he'd play something else if you'd prefer. I highly recommend this excursion!

Archived