Tampa Port/Rental Cars

oriolesfan22

Looking for help regarding rental cars. What I am planning to do is rent a car for a couple of days before our cruise to enjoy the Tampa area. I plan to pick up the car at the airport, stay at a hotel (possibly the Grand Hyatt if Priceline cooperates) and then proceed to the Miracle. Are there any rental car companies that offer shuttle service to the cruise port if you drop off your car the morning of the cruise?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

Most (if not all) of them do. Lots of folks have been pleased with Dollar's service. They're located right at the luggage carousels, next to the big boys, and generally charge less. A complimentary shuttle will get you to the port when you return the car. Double-check for availability, since the Miracle is sailing at 100% capacity, and many folks such as yourself are taking advantage of this free service. By the way, you're gonna love Tampa International Airport (voted #1 in the country and #3 in the world by frequent travelers)! Have a great cruise!

Al

We're planning to do the same in July. Two of us fly in the day before. We thought we "land cruise" a bit before the others arrive later in the afternoon. I'll check with my TA (my cousin whose mother is going with us) about this. I'm sure Carol will take care of us!

Does anyone know if you can return the car to an area other than the airport location and still get transportation to the port? I'd rather not go back to the airport with the car - but if that's my only choice I will. On this year's cruise on the Mariner we were spoiled by the folks at Budget shuttling us from the location near the port to the port itself.

And jewopaho - It's been a long time since I've seen the Tampa airport but I hear it is just wonderful these days!

OriloesFan

It was not that tough returning a car to airport. Call the 800 # for who ever you use and ask for the local access # and ask them what their policy is and how they transport customer to and from the port where they have you wait. I make the call every time and saves a lot of time and agrevation.l It is much easier to retrun a car to airport than attempt to have family member park in decks or wait or attempt to pick us up. They make you drive around I know a friend of ours who picked us up a few years ago said he parked at the post office then drove around until he saw us. I think rental cars are easier.

Debe

Archived