1. 1. which driver in Athens?

• Paul (Greektaxi)
    • Spiros
    • other (please specify)

I contacted Spiros and he replied with 3 options:

1. Athens and Sounion
  2. Athens and Corinth
  3. Only Athens

Which is the best option to choose from?

I really do not want to spend a whole lot of time in the car (I am fond of photography - like to take photos of beautiful scenery).

I too contacted him about a tour for a cruise in 2007, did he ask you for a deposit? His website doesn't say a deposit is necessary, but he was asking me to deposit to a Paypal account.:confused:

I wasn't asked for a deposit for the Mercedes sedan tour.

Have you booked his services?

No, I haven't booked yet. All I did was inquire about his services in late September 2007. His website does say he has a mini van for more than four. So I inquired about the maximum he can take on a tour. That was when I got the message that he wanted to be given 80 euros through Paypal when booking. His website even says no deposit required.

I have booked other tours in Europe in 2005 and some have booked for 2007 and no one has asked for anything other than a credit card to use only in the case that you don't show up and don't cancel so many days in advance. I think asking for a deposit of 80 euros is a lot, especailly this far in advance and without even knowing how many people will be in the tour. I wonder if he has been stood up by someone. In any case it just doesn't seem right to me.

Yes, 80 Euros does seem a bit too much for a deposit.

Personally, I do not feel comfortable with handing over my credit card number through email to someone I don't know.

I do know that PayPal is very secure though.

I beleive its what you said - about being "stood up".

Mini-vans obviously take more than 4 people (sedan), so I guess he's just trying to secure the job.

Yes, 80 Euros does seem a bit too much for a deposit.

Personally, I do not feel comfortable with handing over my credit card number through email to someone I don't know.

I do know that PayPal is very secure though.

I beleive its what you said - about being "stood up".

Mini-vans obviously take more than 4 people (sedan), so I guess he's just trying to secure the job.

I don't know why, but right after I posted this I got a note from Spiros saying I would not have to make a deposit. When do you go to Athens?

Let me know how your trip is if you use Spiros and what you did on your tour. Thanks

Archived