Children on the MSC Magnifica

drblue

just curious if this is the same matteo who was with lirica in april 2007. cruise to cenral and south america plus jamaica. that was a fun cruise.

also, wondering if laura is still around.

i am thinking of going on another msc cruise. i had a blast withthe entertainment team last time.

Here is the myspace page of "kids club" Matteo. He does say he was on Lirica in April 2007, so hopefully he is the one you're looking for :)

http://www.myspace.com/ilmondodimatteo

i checked it out, yes, same guy. thank you.

We just came back from a cruise on the MSC Magnifica (Jan 4-15) in the Mediterranean. Matteo was the enthusiastic coordinator for the kids club. He was wonderful. He always made my 4 year old welcome and included (just as the girls working there). For example, when my son was a little sick one day, he sent him a basket of stuffed animals, puzzles, and toys to the cabin wrapped as a big present. Obviously, my son was extremely happy to get this special and unexpected package. Matteo's personality made it very easy for children to relate to him.

We just came back from a cruise on the MSC Magnifica (Jan 4-15) in the Mediterranean. Matteo was the enthusiastic coordinator for the kids club. He was wonderful. He always made my 4 year old welcome and included (just as the girls working there). For example, when my son was a little sick one day, he sent him a basket of stuffed animals, puzzles, and toys to the cabin wrapped as a big present. Obviously, my son was extremely happy to get this special and unexpected package. Matteo's personality made it very easy for children to relate to him.

What a very sweet thing to do! He sounds like an amazing guy :)

• 3 months later...
As much as life and kids allow.:)

If your family is multi-cultural (and lingual) many of the things that chaffe at Anglo cruisers may barely be noticed. That's an interesting time to travel; hopefully, the weather will give you a break. Your timing may be right for a let up. I've had some fun with younger kids in Europe during ski season - with mixed weather. We're one of those... 'family that travels together, unravels together':D (but usually not - unless hunger sets in, so bring aboard both your favorite and local bought snacks).

As far as the ship, one of the pool areas is covered so you might have some time there. The gellatto ought to go over well with a tike (good stuff) and if so, buy a pack of tickets to it doesn't feel like an added charge. Activities: as a linguistic 'Inspector Clouseau' - I got a big kick out of just listening to Bingo, being called in 5 languages. Funny! They tended to do that in a large aft lounge with a nice rear view and we'd order ice cream drinks for the kids and take it in. I recollect the staff being pretty friendly about concocting some special drinks.

Our embarkation was pretty insane. You'll want to walk ahead of the throng (if that's the case) and inquire to see if there is an under-used 'online pre-registered' counter rather than mix it up with the mob. There probably will be - if you know to assert yourself (when in Rome eh!).

Have fun!:)

We were on HAL Noordam doing the same cruise as you will be doing last year. A fantastic cruise and love the ship (my kids definitely did also). If you wish to ask me any questions please do so, or email me on geoff.marilyn@xtra.co.nz

I would be interested in you comments after your MSC cruise also, as was thinking of going on a MSC cruise next year, actually two.

Mal NZ

Archived