Cruising Guests

ekco

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Jan,

I'm here:D It's like solving a cryptic crossword following you;);)

Hi Linda

Couldn't stand any more of stirring troublemakers. Did you have a nice day?:)

Jan

Hi Linda

Couldn't stand any more of stirring troublemakers. Did you have a nice day?:)

Jan

Hi Jan,

Yes, thanks, had a nice meal in the Slug and Lettuce - lovely pie, but too many chips and peas, as usual! Didn't buy much though, only odds and ends from Wilkinson and some knobs for my bedroom cupboard doors;)

Actually I think it was me that stirred it up:D Steve asked if I was "trolling":D

Should I reply or should I let her stew in her own juice:confused:

Ignore it I think. There was a spate of this on Thomson last year, new posters turning up and stirring it, then disappearing again. Not usual behaviour for new members is it?:confused:

Jan

I thought I put quite a polite review on. I wasn't rude was I?

Just watching a program on BBC4 about cruising throught the ages. Very good.

Exactly right, you weren't rude at all. I don't know why they think they're being got at by a bunch of snobs. We must be in a parallel universe, lol, or I'm missing something.:confused:

I'm sure I saw that program a couple of months ago,

RR's got a man cold, poor thing.:(

Jan

Exactly right, you weren't rude at all. I don't know why they think they're being got at by a bunch of snobs. We must be in a parallel universe, lol, or I'm missing something.:confused:

I'm sure I saw that program a couple of months ago,

RR's got a man cold, poor thing.:(

Jan

Don't you mean Man Flu:confused::D:D

Hiya Jan. :) Yes good to have some peace. :D Hope you're feeling a bit better now.

Mo. :)

Hi Mo

Yes thanks, feeling a lot better today. Amazingly the bruising is already turning yellow, which isn't like me. I've got a gauze plaster over the stitches so I haven't seen it yet but the surgeon's done me proud I think. It's low down on the neck just over the collar bone and a little to the left of centre. The doctor said the surgeon did a 3cm cut which is a relief as I think that will look just like a scratch. Got to go back in a month.:):)

Have you come to join the snobs, lol. Very wet and windy here tonight but not cold.

Jan

Hi Mo

Yes thanks, feeling a lot better today. Amazingly the bruising is already turning yellow, which isn't like me. I've got a gauze plaster over the stitches so I haven't seen it yet but the surgeon's done me proud I think. It's low down on the neck just over the collar bone and a little to the left of centre. The doctor said the surgeon did a 3cm cut which is a relief as I think that will look just like a scratch. Got to go back in a month.:):)

Have you come to join the snobs, lol. Very wet and windy here tonight but not cold.

Jan

Glad your feeling better. :) Weather the same here. Yes I'm joining the 'snobs'. :D At least it's peaceful here. Some people are not content unless they're complaining about something! :eek:

Mo.

Hi Mo

Another question today, that's def. the last time I respond.:eek:

Are we snobs if:-

We get changed for dinner like everyone else.

Say please, thank you and excuse me.

Take the time to help others, such as picking old ladies up off the floor when they fall over or holding the door open for someone. (then shouting "Thank you" at them when they just walk through, lol).

Hold our knives and forks in the correct hands.

Don't shout and argue in public.

I could go on and on. It's called having social graces and good manners.

So we are now officially The Snobs Club, lol. :D:D New members welcome.

Can you tell I'm getting better? lol.

It's so dark today but at least the wind and rain have gone. Very mild, it's 12 degrees here.

Rant over, got that off my chest.

Jan (TSC), get it?;)

Hi Folks.

Please can I come and join you now and again as I think I may qualify. My snobbery manifested itself on the Celebration last year as I felt the standards had dropped when I saw pax around in football gear that they had been wearing during the day - and not just one day. :eek:

Jan. If you find it too cold in the Hebrides we could always go and have a "haircut". We could get a number two like RR.;)

Jan.

Hi Folks.

Jan. If you find it too cold in the Hebrides we could always go and have a "haircut". We could get a number two like RR.;)

Jan.

There's a joke in there somewhere, lol.:D:D But us posh people wouldn't go there.:D

I was surprised going on the Celebration after the IE as apart from formal night, which to be fair I can take or leave (I just wanted my dinner, lol), the dress advice was disregarded a fair bit. I wonder if it was because the cruise was at the end of June and getting towards high season. I always thought the Celebration was a bit stricter than the IE.

The absolute worse though was the week after the cruise when we stayed at a 5 star hotel in Marmaris. Full of Russians and most of the men thought it was acceptable to turn up for dinner in vests and short shorts showing their hairy chimpanzee arms, backs and legs. Put me right off my meal.:eek::eek:

Jan

Just thinking of booking the IE for the 25th Feb. yesterday when it went up £80pp overnight.:eek::eek:

Thought of waiting to see if the cabin upgrade prices come down to match. Nothing much going on land hotels in the Canaries that I fancy.

Jan

I was surprised going on the Celebration after the IE as apart from formal night, which to be fair I can take or leave (I just wanted my dinner, lol), the dress advice was disregarded a fair bit. I wonder if it was because the cruise was at the end of June and getting towards high season. I always thought the Celebration was a bit stricter than the IE.

The absolute worse though was the week after the cruise when we stayed at a 5 star hotel in Marmaris. Full of Russians and most of the men thought it was acceptable to turn up for dinner in vests and short shorts showing their hairy chimpanzee arms, backs and legs. Put me right off my meal.:eek::eek:

Jan

We were on in May and that was when we noticed a difference.

Also sounds like you were at the chimps tea party at the zoo.

Jan

Hi my name is Noel I live in Williamsburg, Virginia, USA, I spent the first 40 years of my life in Southport Lancs UK, I'm also a snob and living in the USA it is difficult to find snob friends , hope i can join your snobs club.

Hi my name is Noel I live in Williamsburg, Virginia, USA, I spent the first 40 years of my life in Southport Lancs UK, I'm also a snob and living in the USA it is difficult to find snob friends , hope i can join your snobs club.

Hi Noel

New members most welcome, lol. I know Southport well, it's a long way to Virginia from here.:):) We were accused of being snobs on another forum as we think you should get changed for dinner:eek:. Not a lot to ask is it? Who wants to see hairy legs at dinner? and that's just the women, you know who you are, Linda, lol.:eek:

Jan

Hi Noel

New members most welcome, lol. I know Southport well, it's a long way to Virginia from here.:):) We were accused of being snobs on another forum as we think you should get changed for dinner:eek:. Not a lot to ask is it? Who wants to see hairy legs at dinner? and that's just the women, you know who you are, Linda, lol.:eek:

We were introduced to the Hibernia through some English friends who were fortunate enough to sail on her in the suite that the Queen used the week after they disembarked. Our friend used the opportunity to propose to his girlfriend during the week on this ship - and they said it was an amazing experience.

We just took a 7 day cruise on the Westerdam (Holland America) to Curacao and Aruba. Actually docked in Aruba next to a Thomson ship and met quite a few English folks - at the pub, what a surprise! Also met one of the Grumbleweeds who was entertaining on the Thomson ship. We understand the snob factor - one man tried to get into the dining room in sandals and trousers that were the length of a woman's pair of capris. Luckily, they sent him packing back to his cabin to get some more appropriate attire...

Archived