Kids club on Sun

krijkee

I have a few questions regarding the kids club on NCL Sun. We are doing a B2B in March/April 2012 with a 3yo and 5yo. We have been on the Jewel and Pearl before, but the Sun will be a new experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. Are kids ever turned away due to kids club being full?

2. Is the kids club open all day on the Sun or less hours than other ships?

If you have an opinions on the Sun with kids, feel free to chime in.

TIA!

I have a few questions regarding the kids club on NCL Sun. We are doing a B2B in March/April 2012 with a 3yo and 5yo. We have been on the Jewel and Pearl before, but the Sun will be a new experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. Are kids ever turned away due to kids club being full?

2. Is the kids club open all day on the Sun or less hours than other ships?

If you have an opinions on the Sun with kids, feel free to chime in.

TIA!

We were just on the Sun this past week and being a holiday week the ship was full of kids, but at no time did I see or hear of a child being turned away. Our son is 10 and loved the kids club.

On sea days it was open pretty much from 9am until 1030pm and we would just sign him out for lunch and dinner since that is not provided and is up to the parents with the exception of one night that they did do a kids dinning event. On port days they are open also but a fee applies while the ship is in port (on these days they will feed the kids lunch and dinner) and then is back to free once the ship leaves port.

We were extremely happy with our experience with the kids club and I hope you will be also. Enjoy your cruise!

The location is neat as it is in the front of the ship in some prime real estate unlike most of the other kids clubs. The older kids club was just behind it like where inside cabins would be located.

For those who want to sign their kids up for the kids dinner, that was limited to a smaller group so decide early before it fills up. I think it was on the 2nd to last night for us. They had organized events that often took them to various parts of the ship like the atrium where they did some kind of drop (plastic eggs??).

The location is neat as it is in the front of the ship in some prime real estate unlike most of the other kids clubs. The older kids club was just behind it like where inside cabins would be located.

For those who want to sign their kids up for the kids dinner, that was limited to a smaller group so decide early before it fills up. I think it was on the 2nd to last night for us. They had organized events that often took them to various parts of the ship like the atrium where they did some kind of drop (plastic eggs??).

Oh yes - definitely sign up for the kids dinner early.

It was actually real eggs the kids dropped - they had to make a safety container and then test to see if the container kept their egg safe. Our son loved this activity.

We were also on the 12-18 Sun Sailing, and my son loved the kids camp. He enjoyed kids dinner, the egg drop, caroling through the ship, etc. Now, the one drawback to camp being on 7 forward, was when we hit really rought seas on the way back from St Marteen, loads of the kids were sea sick. I went to pick up my son, and I felt sea sick just walking to it.

Family pizza making was great as well :)

• 10 months later...

I'm so happy to read these posts! I'm hoping my girls (who will be 7 & 9 when we sail in April) will have fun in the Kids Club, too.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you usually tip at the Kids Club? Do you tip daily? Thanks!

Apparently I never replied to the OP :)

My boys had a blast in kids club, DS1 begged to go every day. We were on a New Years cruise and there were 29 kids aged 2-5 yrs. The next two age groups (6-12?) were collapsed together because of the low numbers.

As for tipping, the staff left envelopes on the last couple of days with the STYLE cards for comments. We tipped for both boys on the last day. If you are looking for ideas of how much to tip, a quick search of the topic should guide you to the heated discussions on that topic :rolleyes:

Apparently I never replied to the OP :)

My boys had a blast in kids club' date=' DS1 begged to go every day. We were on a New Years cruise and there were 29 kids aged 2-5 yrs. The next two age groups (6-12?) were collapsed together because of the low numbers.

As for tipping, the staff left envelopes on the last couple of days with the STYLE cards for comments. We tipped for both boys on the last day. If you are looking for ideas of how much to tip, a quick search of the topic should guide you to the heated discussions on that topic :rolleyes:[/quote']

It wouldn't be bad for my girls if they collapse groups because they wouldn't mind being together - but I think they can manage if they're in two separate groups, too. Last day tipping makes sense to me, thank you! (and I've been reading all the tipping threads - yikes!)

Did I read correctly that the kids club is "free" until 10:30 at night? That is a gift! (and so worth tipping for!)

It wouldn't be bad for my girls if they collapse groups because they wouldn't mind being together - but I think they can manage if they're in two separate groups, too. Last day tipping makes sense to me, thank you! (and I've been reading all the tipping threads - yikes!)

Did I read correctly that the kids club is "free" until 10:30 at night? That is a gift! (and so worth tipping for!)

It is free until 10:00 or 10:30 at night. You'd have to check on port days though, I can't remember if there is a fee if the ship is in port and you leave them in the club as we always take ours with.

BTW, there is the ice cream station just inside the buffet when you walk in from the pool area.

I just wanted to reply about "kids being turned away due to it being full?" - NEVER :D - kids are never turned away from the kids program. NCL knows how many kids are on each cruise in advance and plans for the Kids Crew are made accordingly. :D

Here are some of the schedules and menus - none from the Sun but all of the schedules/activities are the same fleetwide - generally (Jewel and Epic are the only NICK themes listed for now). What we did on the Gem will be the same for the Sun...

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/NCL%20Kids%20Crew/?start=all

Here are some of the schedules and menus - none from the Sun but all of the schedules/activities are the same fleetwide - generally (Jewel and Epic are the only NICK themes listed for now). What we did on the Gem will be the same for the Sun...

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/NCL%20Kids%20Crew/?start=all

Thank you so much for sharing these! Looks like you had three days at sea - is that right? We have two for our upcoming cruise, but I'm hoping they do that Pirate theme :) my girls are obsessed with pirates!

Archived