Stradegy for spa time with hubby-Alaska cruise

Cheryl H

Anyone out there with experience on Alaska cruises? We want our kid to participate in Adventure Ocean. So I am thinking of trying to get a couples massage appointment for the first at sea day, which is the inside passage sailing day. However, being that it's Alaska, I don't want to miss any scenery. We are northbound on the Radiance.

So what time are the kids activities on at sea days? And if you've been in the inside passage before, should we try to get a morning appointment so that we are still closer to Vancouver scenery versus getting into the pretty Alaska scenery? Or am I overthinking this?

Another question, if anyone has had a couples massage on the Radiance class, is it in a room where you can see the scenery? Just wondering.

Or would it be better to try for an appointment time on the Hubbard Glacier day.

I know the port days are cheaper in the spa, but I don't want to have to rush back onboard.

Thanks for any info or suggestions.

Cheryl

You may be over thinking it slightly. I would book it for when it is most convenient. The time of year you are cruising it will not be dark hardly ever if at all. You will be able to see the scenery nearly 24/7!

I wouldn't book it during a glacier viewing either, that was the most memorable part or our Alaska cruise!

Thanks! Trying to think of a perfect time during kids activities, but not during a primo viewing time.

Maybe I'm misinformed, but I thought the Hubbard Glacier day, that there are only a few hours of glacier viewing time...like an hour coming up to it, an hour viewing, and an hour leaving the area. But maybe there's lots of other scenery to see that same day. I guess I'll find out.

Archived