Help! Can't Download Art Tour!

CleoT

I have searched the threads but can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'm trying to download the Eurodam's art tour to my Ipod Shuffle through I-tunes. I tried through the HAL website but it simply goes into a file I can't then download to my I-pod.

Anyway, I see the pocasts in I-tunes but when I hit the free button it starts to download then stops. I checked my parental guidelines to make sure I'm not restricted, and I'm not. And if I go to my podcasts in my library, it's there, along with the other ships, but it's grey and I can't even play it. So, what could I be doing wrong? :confused:

We leave tomorrow morning for Ft. lauderdale, but I should have Internet access until we board the ship Sunday. Thanks so much in advance for anyone who can help me with this!

Oh, and yes, I have my I-pod plugged in. ;)

Good luck, I highly recommend downloading the tour to your own Ipod. The last two years, the librarian was unable to provide Ipods on board because she couldn't find them. After contacting the front desk, the Events manager loaned us her own Ipod. Two people sharing one Ipod was not the most desirable, but better than nothing. HAL provided us with Dinner in the PG on our next cruise for all the problems with the art tour. If you can't get it downloaded, check with the library, and front desk, maybe my complaints could have improved things.

I have searched the threads but can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'm trying to download the Eurodam's art tour to my Ipod Shuffle through I-tunes. I tried through the HAL website but it simply goes into a file I can't then download to my I-pod.

Anyway, I see the pocasts in I-tunes but when I hit the free button it starts to download then stops. I checked my parental guidelines to make sure I'm not restricted, and I'm not. And if I go to my podcasts in my library, it's there, along with the other ships, but it's grey and I can't even play it. So, what could I be doing wrong? :confused:

We leave tomorrow morning for Ft. lauderdale, but I should have Internet access until we board the ship Sunday. Thanks so much in advance for anyone who can help me with this!

Oh, and yes, I have my I-pod plugged in. ;)

I also could not get the tour for the Eurodam to download at iTunes this week. Every other one listed would; just not that one. :confused:

You can download the tour directly from HAL here:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise...ivities.action

Click on "Art Tours" on the left side. When I downloaded from the HAL site it came into iTunes as a audiobook instead of a podcast, but plays the same.

You can also check out an iPod with the art tour loaded on it, for free, from the attendant in the Explorations lounge onboard.

I downloaded the Volendam art tour to my ipod shuffle today. It downloaded from the HAL website onto itunes and, as Zippercat said, it turned up as an audiobook file. It seems to have loaded onto the shuffle ok. Good luck with yours.:)

Archived