Kids Club

RachelEllen

We are considering a Costa cruise next summer, but our littlest one will be a few months shy of three. Does anyone know if the age limit for the kids program is strict or is there some wiggle room for a potty trained older two year old.

I have only cruised in Asia. Both cruises there were not many kids aboard.

I don't think that there is any room to move on the age rule. Several parents on our cruise asked this as they had kids just about to turn 3 but were told that the kids could be in the Kids Club but had to have parental/ adult supervision. The only exception was made for a child who turned 3 during the cruise- she was allowed to attend from the first day.

Our cruises were quiet and the Kids Club was by no means full and the kids group was one group rather than separate groups. My 5 year old swims extremely well (better than most 10 year olds) but they would not allow him to join the swimming activities group as he was under 7. This was no drama for us as when he wanted to swim the staff would bring him to the pool area with the other kids and as long as I was there as well he could go in with the group. The staff understood the situation that he was a great swimmer but were not able to stretch the rules. As sea days for me were spent at the pool area, this worked fine for us.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your reply, I'm sorry I didn't check back sooner. In case you see this, one follow-up question.

Do you remember what facilities or activities there were for the younger ones? My two year old hates the water, so even if we have to be with her a place with preschool activites or toys would still be a fun diversion.

Archived