Valor Internet Access...

cubdaddy

We will be sailing on the Valor on 3/6/05. I will need to use the internet access. Last year when we were on the Imagination the internet access was horrible. It was very slow and ate up most of the minutes just downloading e-mails. Aside from that their wireless server changed my laptop clock to the year 2074.

Has anyone used the internet on the Valor and is it any good?

Hello!

We too are interested in the cost and quality of the wi-fi internet access on the Valor. Are the costs for minutes the same as in the internet cafe?

We sailed on the Victory last year and had to bring our laptop to the cafe to access the internet -- also the quality wasn't always good.

Here's hoping someone can provide some insight into this.

Thanks!

Kim

Internet access was a hit or miss....sometimes it was fast, sometimes it was slow. I only used the wi-fi from my personal laptop in my cabin so I can't vouch for how it was in the internet cafe. There were 2 packages available:

100 minutes for $55

250 minutes for $100

a third "plan" was pay-as-you-go access for .75/minute. The rates were the same whether you were in the internet cafe or on your own personal laptop. You will have a login name (first initial followed by last name followed by cabin number) and password (folio #) that you can use to login with from either your laptop or in the internet cafe. After you login the first time, a $3.95 one-time setup fee will be charged to your S&S card and then you will have the option to secure your password and change it to something only you know.

Hope this helped! :)

Thanks for all the info Tonya. I will also be using my laptop from my cabin. I guess it just depends on how many people are using it at one time. It could be fast or slow.

Kim, it looks like Tonya helped us both!:)

Hey Cruisen4alvin, are you sailing on the Valor 3/6/05? If so, join the Roll Call for the ship on that date. Though most of us are old married couples, it is going to be fun meeting people from this forum.:D

Archived