Cuban Adventure 20th January 2011

I wish I'd read this forum before booking this cruise this week, I'm getting really worried now particularly because people are saying that late bookers are the most likely to be allocated rooms with defective aircon. For me, after the Tropical Transatlantic on the Destiny last year, I vowed that I would not travel on another Thomson cruise, but the itinerary is perfect, and I will be trying to stay positive! If anyone has any later updates or details on the rooms affected It would be much appreciated.

I wish I'd read this forum before booking this cruise this week, I'm getting really worried now particularly because people are saying that late bookers are the most likely to be allocated rooms with defective aircon. For me, after the Tropical Transatlantic on the Destiny last year, I vowed that I would not travel on another Thomson cruise, but the itinerary is perfect, and I will be trying to stay positive! If anyone has any later updates or details on the rooms affected It would be much appreciated.

We are doing this itinery but in March and I have the same feelings as yourself so I will also be interested in the replies to this post.

I'ts all paid for now so we have got to stay positive and go with an open mind. Some paxs must have enjoyed it after all 1500 people can't all think that it was rubbish.

Montytania, hope that we get some responses, if not I promise to give you a full update when we get back - we're sailing in a deck 5/6 outside plus cabin, but it seems like they might be the ones most affected. Never mind, they can't take away the beauty of the ports we'll be visitiing, I am determined to enjoy myself!

I'm finding difficult to remain positive about my cruise. Have you read reviews & comments on other forums too? It sounds like there could be a mutiny soon !!!:D

ET

You have to stay positive. Don't forget that we are relying on your reveiw because I know that if you have a good holiday then so will we because we have enjoyed the same cruises previous.

Like i have said before all ships get good and bad reviews. Look at the reviews for the Epic and the QM2 has just had an outbreak of novovirus and I bet there are a lot more out there. Remember there are over 1500 people on board the ship they can't all have had a nightmare holiday,

(trying to stay positive:cool:)

Edwardteach, a lot of the reviews that I've read have said that the ship isn't perfect, but that people have still had great hols and that we should give it a chance. it's a fabulous intinerary and we're off the ship almost as much as you're on it. I don't want these reviews to make me look for the bad, and I'm going to concentrate on the positive parts of the reviews!! But PLEASE, let us know how you get on and what to avoid or make the most of. Have a great cruise -- while you're in Havana I'd recommend a visit to the old cemetry (with a guide if possible there are so many fabulous mausoleums and stories about some of the gravestones), and the Havana museum of life (the old governors house!). The old town is so much nicer than the new and is within 5 mins walk of the ship. The Nacionale de Cuba is a lovely hotel, and lunch on the terrace overlooking the Malecon is something I'm looking forward to as well. and finally the Tropicana is well worth a visit..... Just the thought of these trips is making me look forward to the cruise anyway!!

I'm really looking forward to visiting Cuba. We have deciced to walk around in the afternoon that we land, then next day take a ships tour and then the next morning take another walk around. So I am pleased that you have informed us that the old town is within walking distance of the port. This is one of the things that I was wondering.

Archived