Can you recommend a pre-Fort Lauderdale Hotel?

Simply Paradise

We are flying into Fort Lauderdale 5 days before cruise and would like a hotel that offers breakfast and transportation (airport/cruise). Would be nice to have restaurants and shops within walking distance. We just want to relax and use the pool before the cruise. Any Suggestions?

Which Hampton Inn?? there are several...

I have stayed at many Hampton Inns but never at Ft Lauderdale. I find them all very comparable and clean/good quality... they ar enot a full serice hotel but offer an acceptable continental breakfast in the AM...

Some one will answer your specifics soon I'm sure...

Many cruisers stay in the 17th St area which has alot of nice resturants, shopping and the water taxi within walking distance.

Which Hampton Inn?? there are several...

I have stayed at many Hampton Inns but never at Ft Lauderdale. I find them all very comparable and clean/good quality... they ar enot a full serice hotel but offer an acceptable continental breakfast in the AM...

Some one will answer your specifics soon I'm sure...

Thanks! The Hampton is located on SW 12th Avenue.

We are flying into Fort Lauderdale 5 days before cruise and would like a hotel that offers breakfast and transportation (airport/cruise). Would be nice to have restaurants and shops within walking distance. We just want to relax and use the pool before the cruise. Any Suggestions?

What dates are you going to be in Fort Lauderdale?

You are really limiting yourself (not to mention overpaying) by getting hung up on airport and cruise port transfers.

If you are flying in 5 days before the cruise you are going to be terribly bored by day 2 if you don't have a rental car.

Forget the shuttles. Any hotel you will want to spend 5 days relaxing at will be closer to the beach and will not offer free shuttles. Taxis from the airport are cheap and your hotel will arrange for a fixed rate car to take take you to the port.

It all depends on your price range. We are staying at the Embassy Suites on 17th. We became Hilton Honor member (free) and got the hotel for $183 which inlcudes breakfast and they do have a shuttel to cruise port for a nominal fee. I also understand that it is in a good location. Lots to choose from as well the price range. Good luck.

DJ127

It all depends on your price range. We are staying at the Embassy Suites on 17th. We became Hilton Honor member (free) and got the hotel for $183 which inlcudes breakfast and they do have a shuttel to cruise port for a nominal fee. I also understand that it is in a good location. Lots to choose from as well the price range. Good luck.

DJ127

I've stayed at that Embassy Suites and I would never pay that much even in peak season. I think I could stay in a hotel in a muchy better area for 5 nights for a lot less than $1,000 even with breakfast.

17th Street area is a decent location for one or maybe two night pre-cruise, but definitely not 5.

DJ127

We. too, always stay at the Embassy Suites on 17th St.....full cooked to order breakfast and a 2 hour manager's receptiuon each evening... these can add up to significant $$$ over a 5 day stay if you paid for them.

I agree with Salty...5 days without a rental car is going to get boring real fast or very expensive for taxis, etc. There are some rental car companies that you can pick up at the airport and drop off at the cruise port. You may want to consider this option.

We. too, always stay at the Embassy Suites on 17th St.....full cooked to order breakfast and a 2 hour manager's receptiuon each evening... these can add up to significant $$$ over a 5 day stay if you paid for them.

I agree with Salty...5 days without a rental car is going to get boring real fast or very expensive for taxis, etc. There are some rental car companies that you can pick up at the airport and drop off at the cruise port. You may want to consider this option.

I can eat pretty well for $83 (and more) a day.

In addition to being overpriced, the Embassy Suites on 17th also charges for parking.

Do check out the Bahia Mar. It is a perfect location close to the beach and lots of food and shopping just down the way.

They also have a really nice pool/bar area to hang out. Drinks were well priced also.

Mini fridge in the room for snacks and water. Great place. I wouldnt mind spending 5 days there without a car.

Where do you recommend staying?

One size does not fit all...

What dates are you going to be in Fort Lauderdale?

Just two of you or are there children?

You are really limiting yourself (not to mention overpaying) by getting hung up on airport and cruise port transfers.

If you are flying in 5 days before the cruise you are going to be terribly bored by day 2 if you don't have a rental car.

Do check out the Bahia Mar. It is a perfect location close to the beach and lots of food and shopping just down the way.

They also have a really nice pool/bar area to hang out. Drinks were well priced also.

Mini fridge in the room for snacks and water. Great place. I wouldnt mind spending 5 days there without a car.

That's where I would stay for 5 night on a budget. No free breakfast, but walk to CVS and stock up on granola bars.

My husband and I have stayed at the Tropi Rock twice. It is a funky motelish kind of place. It is a little bit tacky and we love it! It is laid back and very clean. They have rooms with tiny kitchen areas. They do NOT offer breakfast. We made toast! It is not a typical brand name place. The owner, Mick, is awesome! He is so nice an helpful!

It takes about 5 minutes to walk to the beach or bus stop. There are a lot of bars and places to eat that you can walk to if you do not mind walking 10 minutes + or so. There is a great Greek place that is not far away and not expensive. You could take the bus and visit Fort Lauderdale by the Sea or go to the grocery store.

We took SAS shuttle to the cruise port and to the airport. We took a taxi to the Tropi Rock from the airport.

I am sure it is not for everyone. Check out the reviews on Trip Advisor!

If you go with the Tropi Rock tell Mick that Lisa from Vermont said "Hi!".

His wife is nice and they have a great dog named Oliver!

Archived